Blooming cherry trees in November ?

dominique

Hi there,

which seasonal variant is displayed of landclass ground textures and autogen vegetation depends entirely on the active season control file. Unless you're using a local replacement file (as far as I know our FTX Regions are pretty much the only add-ons that provide these) the global default control file -- seasons.bgl in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery -- is "in charge". If you have the FSX/P3D SDK installed you can load that file into the TMFViewer.exe app, zoom in on your area of interest, and then switch through each month to discover which seasonal variant is called when.

From a quick look at seasons.bgl across Japan I'm not seeing any spring variants called during November, only a mix of mild and hard winter. Not sure why your sim is displaying cherry blossoms unless you're using a third-party season control file. Perhaps post some coordinates so we can cross-check.

More information on how FSX/P3D seasons work:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86437-season-transition-problems/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/?do=findComment&comment=162697

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thank you.

I'm baffled ! I went back to the airport, Yamagata ( It was a flight across Honshu from Niiagata, the default not the new addon) and everything is OK today, I mean trees are the way they should be in November and no brush of snow !  My P3D played some trick on me or something.  I always fly the today date but I wonder whether somewhat the clock was reset to early Spring... For the record, I use the Haruo landclass freeware over Global+Vector (waiting OpenLC Asia...) which does not seem to control seasons.

Archived