Forum "Settings"?

boleyd

When I look at my site options under my name (upper right) the Settings item had a grey bar over it and is not available.

I wanted to see if I could change the spacing and font size to get more messages per page, more like the old system. I seems that everyone rushing to follow the Microsoft Windows "new art". I preferred the way the old forum displayed info. It was visually more concise with less scrolling and mouse activity required.

Hi boleyd

If you look again, you will see that there are two main headings, Content and Settings and under each are sub headings, Profile and My attachments under Content and Manage followed content, Account settings and Ignored users.

The section that I think you want is Settings/Account Settings. This section will allow you to adjust your signature, etc.

Kind regards

Ian

9 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

No, the main settings is grayed out, and doesn't work  He's right.  I'd like to adjust some things too, but can't.  Acount settings is not what we want.

Sue

Please read my answer again, you will see I am correct.

Kind regards

Ian

Again.. Account settings is not what we're looking for, it's the ability to change how the forum is displayed Font's/size etc, not signatures and profiles. It may well be that this feature hasn't been or won't be enabled yet as the upgrade is ongoing.

I do agree with the OP though I prefered the old display, and before the "oh you just don't like chage" brigade jump on the bandwagon I have no probem with change when it works and therefore makes things easier to achieve....even with a change to workflow. 

Archived