NA Central Rockies not showing in Scenery.cfg

Hi there,

I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of NA CRM for P3D v3. I selected the region in FTX Central 2 as always at the install prompt, closed it down and finished the installer. However I cannot see CRM in the Scenery.cfg at all as per attached screenshot.

post-24497-0-07107600-1447250300_thumb.j

All other regions are listed there. 

Has it been installed ok? It's in the Orbx, FTX_NA folders in the P3D install location, just doesn't seem to have been added to the scenery library. All the other regions I have installed are all listed correctly. I have switched regions a couple of times and there is no difference. I checked an old .cfg from an old P3D 2.x install I had saved and it was listed in there.

Please advise.

Many thanks

James

I understand that you have taken the screen shot from Scenery Configurator. I suggest you open Scenery Configurator and choose File-Open other and open your scenery.cfg from there. Sometimes the program loads a scenery.src or something like that and NOT the scenery.cfg. Also check INSIDE P3D in the scenery list if the NA  CRM is there or not.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I have a simmilar issue.

I can not see several CRM airports correctly.  Some of them like below the ground surface, and some just not visible at all....

Here some screenshots:

4S6 - Looks awfully default - Seems FS2002

48WA - Below the ground Level

KDLS - Double Scenery being shown?

In General, seems like some airfields are shown partially(Can see some static aircrafts, cars and trucks), but many of the scenery areas are not showing well or not shown at all.  Some others seems to be below the ground, or too default like graphic.

I installed the Last version from FSS,  i noticed that when first opened the FTX i was requested to install Service pack 5 , so i did it.     Few minutes ago(troubleshooting the problem) i opened the FTX Central and i noticed that i had to update the libraries via FTX, so i did.   I realized that the sceneries are in the P3DV3 Scenery List as supposed, so no more clues.

Nothing seems to be working for me....

Thanks in advance for support,

Hi Jack, I will check that again later but it had definitely opened the scenery.cfg and I have looked at that before. It's strange to say the least. The folders have all be installed in the right places, they're just not being added to the scenery.cfg and therefore not showing up in sim. Will check in sim in the scenery library too.

Raphael it sounds like you are having a different set of issues to me - mine is simply an install that doesn't appear to have been updated in the scenery library. 

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

James

Yeap,   i have a clue for you...

I saw this recommendation for Libs installation (few minutes ago)

I discovered that the new Libs its a 0.5GB File and its recommended to download it as a stand alone installer in order to make it work proppertly.  What i first did today after downloading the CRM files overnight was to install the CRM and after that, opened the FTX Central which asked to update the libs, so i did.  It was fast, not exactly 0.5Gb file, and after that proceeded to activate CRM. 

I had this issue in the past, for some reason, its recommended to manually download the file from the support webpage and install the Libs before attempting to install the Regions....   Im downloading it right now......will let you know in a while.    

If positive, i think i will  open another post  to explain what happened to other flightsimmers.... Bet itll help many...

Sorry for long answer, may be this can help you too (Install Full Libs from scratch, then the Region...)

Hi all,

I checked again last night and it's definitely not been added to the Scenery Library. I will install the latest Orbx Libraries tonight but does anyone have any idea why it may not have installed correctly? If I need to reinstall, am I ok to just run the installer again and overwrite things?

Many thanks

James

Just an update from my side. I went back and installed the full installer for the latest Orbx libraries downloaded from the Full Terrain website and after doing this, launching FTX Central and selecting the appropriate regions (it didn't matter if it was global or NA), CRM now shows in the scenery library. 

So from my side, all seems to be solved.

Raphael - I had no issues with the libraries and I cannot replicate your issues with CRM - mine was simply not inserted correctly into the scenery.cfg until I updated the libraries.

Mods - please marked as "solved" when you get a chance!

James

Archived