Heads up ! Don't miss this....

Yeah, who would spend months of work on a product only to release it for free?..... ;) must be crazy  ;D:D

Seriously though, making freeware is very enjoyable, and very rewarding. This carrier looks great, nice model and attention to texture detail.

Russ.

Thank you!  Amazing software and it goes great with amazing FTX.  I'm surprised by the minor fps hit on my ancient system along with the fantastic detail of the Nimitz and it's deckload of acft.  Oh yes, and it moves through the water too!  Howard

Amazing pice of work! Thanks for the heads up!

But is it just me or is landing on this carrier much harder than landing on the Acceleration carrier? With the latter I'm successful with pretty much every try (the carrier practice mission with more than 5 consecutive starts and landings was a piece of cake) but with this carrier I keep crashing and get maybe one successful landing out of 20 or more tries.

Amazing pice of work! Thanks for the heads up!

But is it just me or is landing on this carrier much harder than landing on the Acceleration carrier? With the latter I'm successful with pretty much every try (the carrier practice mission with more than 5 consecutive starts and landings was a piece of cake) but with this carrier I keep crashing and get maybe one successful landing out of 20 or more tries.

I think that because there are no arrestor cables modelled on deck, you must nail it right on the area where the cables are drawn, the thing that makes it seem like you are being stopped by the cables is just a trick where your braking makes you come to a complete stop very quickly (or so I read somewhere).  If I can land in that area, I can get on deck no problems 99% of the time, If I land too far down the deck then its all over.  ;)

It's great work, but I seem to have lost my catapult arming and release faciltities. Shift I and Shift Space don't work anymore. The commands are still mapped to the keys, but there's no action. Shift P and Shift Q are still okay, so I can still push back and land on the cables. Any ideas?

I think that because there are no arrestor cables modelled on deck, you must nail it right on the area where the cables are drawn, the thing that makes it seem like you are being stopped by the cables is just a trick where your braking makes you come to a complete stop very quickly (or so I read somewhere).  If I can land in that area, I can get on deck no problems 99% of the time, If I land too far down the deck then its all over.  ;)

I altered my technique and landing on the carrier isn't a problem anymore. Thanks, though. My problem was related to touching down too hard, or doing tailstrikes. ;)

But it's definitely easier with the T-45 than with F-18.

:D

Downloaded both the Nimitz, and Ai carriers. Problem is , no ships appear. I told them " user location" which should put them right under me. When I ask for directions, I get  coords of 00 by  00, not my coordinates. Do I have to go to the map before ordering a group?

I'm sue I'm doing something wrong here...

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue - suggest you try placing them at 5 miles.  I sometimes had problems at first finding them unless I put them out some distance.  Am I correct that Java is required?  If yes, I assume you have it.  Keep trying, It's a most fantastic program with hardly any performance hit even on my AMD 64X2 4400.

Hope this helps.  Howard

Archived