Morphing textures at Larnaca (Cyprus)

Jon Clarke

Installed Vector 130 today into P3Dv3. Ran orbxlibs, ran AEC. To test that all was well with the install i decided to try an island to see the coastal changes. Happened to choose Cyprus, Larnaca airport, Runway 22. As i was taking off the grassland was morphing and showing possible default textures. This prompted me to see where Vector had installed itself in the scenery library. It had installed below my Pilots Ultimate mesh. This is not correct, so i manually moved the 4 Vector folders  to above the Mesh. Still morphing. Changed the mesh to 10mt, still morphing. Then I went and refreshed the Terrain cfg via the http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphingmethod.

I still get morphing at Larnaca. I then tried another island, Barbados. All was fine.

I would like to know how to get rid of the morphing. It is the exact problem that Holger describes in the link I gave above, i.e. rapid ground texture changes. It is only at ground level that this occurs.

I remember having a similar problem before in v2.5 but just cannot find the resolution anywhere in my postings history.

Would someone try Larnaca for me and see if they get the same morphing. If you don't get it then please oblige and list the Scenery library insertion points for your sim. I must mention that I was in Global in FTX Central, so it is not that.

Hi Bruce, Did as you suggested and still morphing. I then read and changed my scenery library entries for the whole of my sceneries as specified in the Definitive Guide.

My scenery library is exactly as follows:

3rd party scenery

Full FTX Regions & airports (i.e. in Central library insertion point=FTX)

Tongass Fjords

FTX Open LC (Europe and NA\Alaka\Canada)

Named default scenery entries

Global Ultimate

Global Vector: OBJ,APT,CVX,EXX

Numbered default scenery entries

FTX Global Vector (AEC)

Default scenery

Default terrain.

Still morphing. It is not that important as I would not normally fly in Cyprus, however it is not right.

Have you tried Larnaca Int'l runway 22 and see if you get the morphing? The morphing is visible for about 100 metres from the take off line up lines, and then all is normal. It does not happen all along the grass to the left of the runway. There is no morphing on the runway, so it is very specific in it's area of conflict. The opposite end of runway 22 is i think 09 and again there id morphing on the left hand side on the grass.  I need someone to try so that I know if it my set up or a Vector problem.

Thanks for your assistance.

Archived