Well looky here

chumley

Ya know it never ceases to amaze me that a company with the resources that MS have at their disposal can get it SO BLOODY Wrong, when a fledgling company like orbx Simulation Systems can achieve so much that is as near to perfection as you can get IMHO with like minded and dedicated personnel and volunteers.

Makes you wonder what could have been if other developments had occurred.

Brilliant report too. 

Ya know it never ceases to amaze me that a company with the resources that MS have at their disposal can get it SO BLOODY Wrong, when a fledgling company like orbx Simulation Systems can achieve so much that is as near to perfection as you can get IMHO with like minded and dedicated personnel and volunteers.

Makes you wonder what could have been if other developments had occurred.

Brilliant report too. 

Well said Mozz.

Greg

Guest volcom1720

"everybody wants to see a FPS figure as high as possible and everybody becomes frustrated when looking to the RH upper corner of your FSX screen when this figure is not as expected. The trick is as Nick Needham writes to many flight simmers - do you have a smooth motion/movement of your virtual FS world? If the answer is YES, than there's no need to see higher frames than needed."

I totally agree  :D

"everybody wants to see a FPS figure as high as possible and everybody becomes frustrated when looking to the RH upper corner of your FSX screen when this figure is not as expected. The trick is as Nick Needham writes to many flight simmers - do you have a smooth motion/movement of your virtual FS world? If the answer is YES, than there's no need to see higher frames than needed."

I totally agree   :D

but the FPS counter is in the upper LH side of the screen - or is it?

Aybe

I totally agree   :D

Aybe

You're quick right ....  :-\ it's indeed located in the upper LH corner (probably due to too many glasses of wine).

Anyway, the words and advices of Nick where and are still very helpful and that's the most important thing. Amen!

I totally agree   :D

Aybe

You're quick right ....  :-\ it's indeed located in the upper LH corner (probably due to too many glasses of wine).

Anyway, the words and advices of Nick where and are still very helpful and that's the most important thing. Amen!

wine  :o

you were flying  ::)

LOL

Aybe

Kind of a harsh statement and not a fair comparison in my book. First of all Orbx wouldn't have the platform to make their gorgeous scenery without Microsoft. Secondly, Orbx took little over a year to cover only Australia while Aces had to cover the entire globe in the development time they got for FSX.

Nevertheless, this review is well deserved. It's simply the best addon scenery available  :)

Archived