How do I know FTX global is installed correctly?

DBeard33

HI all,

I'm new here and a new FXS Steam user. Sorry for the very basic question but how do I know FTX global is installed correctly in FSX? I have ultimate traffic and Active Sky Next and they show as add ons but FTX doesn't. The scenery honestly doesn't seem that much better. I'm running a system that easily runs everything with graphics all the way to the max but it still doesn't seem better and with all of the talk of changing configs and and registries I'm confused as hell. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Dustin

You'll want to read this before purchasing further, it explains what each product is and is not so that you can determine what will meet your needs:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76414-all-you-need-to-know-about-orbx-products-pdf-document/#entry698891

In short though, Vector replaces roads, shorelines, railways, and anything else that is more or less a line. A landclass product will more accurately depict density of cities.

Try flying someplace with a lot more detail, perhaps. Dallas wouldn't be big on my list for a test flight. Maybe someplace in the Pacific Northwest or NRM with a lot of trees and mountains. Change seasons. You should see a huge difference. Just wondering if you had ORBX Trees? That makes a major improvement as well.

jsapair

Flying in a FTX "full fat region" will not tell you much about Global installation as the textures in 'regions' supersede Global textures.  Pick a location NOT in a region for a definitive check.

Rather than creating a new post regarding the same subject, i thought i'd post in this thread instead.

I am asking the same question basically: How do I know that I installed FTX Global Base correctly.

I bought it yesterday, installed it and started a flight from my local airfield, ESOW. At that time, I was
unsure whether the default scenery was still running or if it was FTX Global. I became more unsure
when I changed the time to night and only saw, what I think, was the default night lighting. 

So I checked FTX Central 2 to see if I missed something. But FTX Global was set to "active" and
both boxes for "Use Orbx tress" and "Use vector road lights" was ticked in. So now what?
I searched and found the "FTX Ultimate Guide v.2" which showed an example of the difference

between the default Southampton Intl. night scenery and the FTX Global scenery. I started a flight 
from there and I took the following screenshots with the ORBX scenery activated:

Orbx_day_zpsnlwk5aow.jpg

Orbx_night_zpsth98p6at.jpg

I de-actived ORBX inside FSX and took these screenshots:

default_day_zps8ljya7dg.jpg

Default_night_zpsjrznakil.jpg

As far as I can see, there's no difference between the default and the ORBX scenery. My conclusions
of this are:

1. ORBX hasn't been installed properly
2. ORBX is installed but disabling it inside FSX doesn't work. 

But the thing that makes me question that I've installed it correctly is the lack of the 3d night lighting.
It should look like this right?

StreetlightsOrbxP3Dv24_zpsa5a3f80c.jpg

So I leave it to you experts to see if I have FTX Global Base or not.

On a sidenote: 
In the  "FTX Ultimate Guide v.2" I read that I should have used a download manager when downloading
FTX Global Base from FSS, but I only used the built in manager in Chrome. Could that perhaps have
corrupted my installation?

Thanks and kind regards,
Anders

Archived