PAHO no sound

RobdeVries

Hello,

I activated sound at PAHO with the configurator. However at Homer I hear no sounds (birds etc). Only some faint ticking (not the thumping which is a sign of missing sounds).

I do hear sounds at other (non OrbX) airports, like RTMM's Tezwa ranch.

Any ideas? 

i just had some trouble with missing textures and PeopleFlow at KSFF, and remembered an uncomplete refresh of FSUIPC in the last days. A complete new FSUIPC install did the trick for me.

Must not be fitting to your missing flow, but is a cost-free trial.

My apologies, I'd flagged this thread to respond then forgot to do so. 

Looking back through the files... I'm not sure if the controller for the bird sounds is actually working! I made a WAV file of Alaskan Golden Crown Sparrows but none of the locations it is supposed to be active are working. FSX is very picky about its WAV files for effects so I'll have to dig around and see what the issue is.

Are you getting sounds anywhere at Homer? There should be aircraft overhead and some activity on the marina. The marina and aircraft sounds are all included in the Orbx Libraries so if they are missing a reinstall will replace them.

I have the sound files (latest library installer Orbx Libraries: FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 151001 1ST OCTOBER 2015) but no sounds at all at PAHO. Only some odd ticking sound and of course the ubiquitous noise from airport traffic or ships (not OrbX) 

Could you verify that the file "Orbx_PAHO_PLC_sound.bgl" is in the ...ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAHO\Scenery directory and set to BGL and not OFF? 

In addition, could you navigate to the Effects folder and list files that begin with Orbx_Sound_*.fx?

I suspect that the PAHO installer did not include some necessary files and so users without those files from other airports will likely be missing the sounds. Should be something I can hotfix via FTX Central I'll just need to identify the missing ones.

Orbx_PAHO_PLC_sound.bgl is available in ...ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAHO\Scenery and not set to OFF.

Bgl2XML in the following Orbx_PAHO_PLC_sound.bgl fx files are called but:

• Orbx_Sound_Plane_Overhead_controller.fx not available in Effects
  • Orbx_Sound_Truck_Starting_controller.fx not available in Effects
  • Orbx_Sound_Marina_Activity2_controller.fx not available in Effects

• Orbx_Sound_PAHO_birds_controller.fx is available in Effects
  • Orbx_Sound_PAHO_birds.fx is available in Effects
  • Orbx_Sound_PAHO_birds.wav is available in Sound but does not seem to work

EFFECTS.jpg

But I do see names like Orbx_Sound_Plane_Overhead2.fx (note the "2") Perhaps the wrong fx are called or the controller file is missing?  

• 3 weeks later...

Realize everyone is busy and patiently waiting on a reply.

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 10:00:12, RobdeVries said:

Hello,

I activated sound at PAHO with the configurator. However at Homer I hear no sounds (birds etc). Only some faint ticking (not the thumping which is a sign of missing sounds).

I do hear sounds at other (non OrbX) airports, like RTMM's Tezwa ranch.

Any ideas?

Realize everyone is busy can understand. Waiting on a reply as well. Having the exact same issue with no sound at PAHO.  Checked the settings and files per instructions. The Orbx_Sound_PAHO_birds_controller

Orbx_Sound_PAHO_birds did install.

Sound folder does have the Orbx_Sound_Paho_birds  is a wave file. Double click the wave file it does play.

Double checked the AV Nod32 for virus detected. Nod 32 does not list any virus detected.

Thank You

Larry

10 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

I've logged the issue for a patch. FSX can be very picky about the sound files it plays, I'll probably need to change the file format around til it plays

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the very fast reply. No problem sir will be waiting patiently for the patch.

Have a Great Day

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update, now that Welshpool is done I've turned my attention to Homer for some patchwork. The sound issue is fixed and will be in the next patch along with some other fixed/updated content and the P3Dv3 installer.

So if you've got any other issues, log 'em now ;)

Archived