'Strange' looking buildings (FTX Australia)

wiwijojuanes

Hello Forum,

I am using both FTX Australia and the FlyTampa Sydney Addon on my FSX:SE.

Recently I noticed that there are lots of strange looking buildings in the surrounding area of Sydney Airport (West of Sydney Airport and North of it). I have not seen them in other areas yet, so I am not sure if it is a problem because I use both addons parallel to each other? Has anyone seen the same strange buildings?

2015-10-15_21-46-25-372.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

indeed, that really doesn't look as it should. The entire autogen system seems wrong and there are also lots of narrow lines on the ground (right-hand side of your screenshot) that I'm not seeing in my installation of FTX AU. I don't have the FlyTampa add-on but don't think it would alter the local landclass and autogen in this manner. How about industrial areas in Melbourne, do they look like that as well?

You didn't provide specific coordinates but I took a couple of screenshots of the industrial areas near YSSY; they are from P3D but should look the same in FSX.

In any case, first thing to make sure that the current Orbx Libraries are installed: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Then start FTX Central v2 and re-apply the Oceania group and check the same area. 

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-57612000-1446046297_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-73857800-1446046301_thumb.jpg

Found the industrial area where the walking trails are. It is just outside the FT YSSY photoreal area North of the airport.

I have Global and AUSP4 so it might look a little different. I also don't have full autogen on.

YSSY1.jpg

I suspect the buildings that you are seeing are common Orbx autogen buildings for commercial areas as I can find them all over Sydney.

YSSY2.jpg

Hi there,

thanks for posting some coordinates. Looks like perhaps the YSSY add-on includes a local landclass file that isn't fully compatible with FTX AU. Those industrial areas aren't present in those locations in FTX AU (the area with the "paths" is actually a park, named Sydney Park) and the building textures are incorrect as well.

Have a look in the YSSY scenery folder whether there's a landclass bgl file that can be deactivated.

Also, do you guys have FTX Central set to Oceania as it should be?

Cheers, Holger

Oceania is defiantly on (never off). FT YSSY does indeed have some land classes in it.

Disabling the lc gets rid of the mentioned commercial areas. Disabling the wc returns the bay from a green colour to the normal blue.

I now have a park with trees in it. All looks correct now.

Yssylc.jpg

Archived