P3D v2.5 -> Missing textures?

PhilK

Just a question, but not sure whether this is an OpenLC question, or an FTXGlobal question...

I have recently being flying through Alaska, after install of OLC NA. Have also enabled the content errors logging, as it was not "on" on my rig. My ORBXLibs are those from august.

The ContentErrorLog reports amongst various errors

[error.13]
error=Texture OLCNABLDB2.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
[error.14]
error=Texture OLCNABLDB2LM.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

Have seached my whole computer for OLCNABLDB.. textures, but no joy.

Did I do something wrong, or are they actually missing?

Thank you for your help

Have a good day

Hi PhiK,

In my "end" with FTX Global Base and FTX_openLC (all), This file doesn't exist.

In my case, I turned off this P3Dv3 function . I'm following the guidance of Robert Randazzo PMDG, which reproduce here without authorization and without the intention to create controversy:

"Step 4: Turn Off and Ignore "Error Logging" in Prepar3D.  Lockheed Martin has reintroduced a horribly bugged process that first appeared in FSX back in 2006, "Error Logging."  This device was originally designed for developers to help identify problems during product development, but it was such a weak system that it proved to be largely useless as the information it provided was often misleading."

Cheers,

Voyager

@ Holger,

Thank you for the feed-back and forwarding

@Voyager,

In fact, I have been re-enabling this function a couple of weeks ago, and could find various misfits or errors I could correct without difficulties, mostly on FSX ported or native aircrafts.

I am coming from logs stating 999 errors, to presently some 33/35 only. But these logs depend on the aircrafts and scenery used, I guess.

My only remaining issues are about one gauge, one fx_ file (but being ignorant in effects, will leave it as is), Duplicate Camera Definition GUID's (same remark than for effects...), these 2 missing textures when flying through Alaska, and some missing sounds, possibly some sounds related to an (FSX) AI aircraft and traffic file, which I will investigate later.

I assume (or like to...) this helps me gain some additional knowledge about my simulator and installed addons... ;D

Blue skies

Philippe

Archived