Water runway at PAJN

Stewart Hobson

Hi, all.

I know this was fixed early 2014 with patch 1.10, but I just flew into PAJN this afternoon, and ATC directed me to land at runway 36 Water.  Did the new triple installer not have this fix included?  Is there a corrected ADE file that needs to be inserted someplace?

Stew

Hi Stew, I was just looking at this forum to see what I should buy or wait on if there's bugs.  I was looking at Belle Coola but it seems there's problems with it?

Anyway, this one caught my eye as this just happened to me yesterday.  I thought it odd that FSX's default ATC should clear me to a water runway when I was in a Caravan with wheels.

Hi Stew, I was just looking at this forum to see what I should buy or wait on if there's bugs.  I was looking at Belle Coola but it seems there's problems with it?

Anyway, this one caught my eye as this just happened to me yesterday.  I thought it odd that FSX's default ATC should clear me to a water runway when I was in a Caravan with wheels.

At one time it was fixed, i.e., ATC gave me a valid runway assignment.  Now it's gone back to a water runway.  I just ignore it and land on the runway most aligned with my heading, depending if I'm approaching from the south or north.  I wouldn't wait to buy PAJN, just because of this small error, though.

Stew

The airport file still has the water runway as you've found out. Personally, I removed it with ADE.. It's a good product to figure out as you can edit airports yourself while waiting/or not for official updates.

Thanks, Dave, but I'll wait.  I'm not much into editing the airports on my own.

Stew

Hi Stew, I'm with you, if they never fix it I don't care as I just land. Bought Bella Coola tonight, astonishing!

Anyway, I don't even know what ADE is do you? I wouldn't know what to do with it and I don't like fiddling with stuff I'm not sure about.

I have all of Alaska now and am working on airports for PFJ.

Archived