5 second pauses over a specific area of England

B77X

over the VOR "CLN" I have long pauses every 10 or so seconds, I have removed all my addon airports and only have FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC.Latest Libraries. I do not have FTX England.  I am not sure which Orbx addon is causing this. But I have run the airport elevation scan, and have no addon airport in the area. If I am flying over at cruising altitude the pauses start about 10 miles either direction from CLN, and get worse turning from quick pauses to 5 second long pauses. Once I am about 5 miles away from CLN, the horrible pausing goes away and my FSX Acceleration is back to normal. What is causing this? Thank you

Hi,

Can you please post screenshots with location displayed ? Also tell us more about your hardware specifications and your setting into FSX

I do not get this anywhere else

At first I thought it had to do with uk2000 scenery, so I disabled them. And I still get the pauses then hard freeze

4ghz i7, 16gb ram, ssd, in7 64bit, fsx acceleration

no addon scenery in the area. either flying overhead or on descent.

Here is the location of CLN, near EGLL

fjPGdlt.jpg

But I did not even have any scenery for EGLL so the pauses are confusing me. Default airports. No traffic.

something nearby is struggling to load, either Vector/Global, or OpenLC I am not sure. How can I find out?

Probably an idea to untick all non-default sceneries from the Scenery Library.  Confirm that FSX bare does not cause the pause.

Once confirmed, tick your add-on sceneries one at a time and see if the pause returns.  If it happens with a specific scenery you've just ticked, that should narrow down the cause.  

FSUIPC can cause pauses if it's saving flights... do you have the autosave feature on (if you have FSUIPC that is)

Good luck

I do not have autosave on but have the latest fsuipc. latest active sky next. nothing else running. I have just finished a couple hours of flying, I am going to try and get screenshots tonight or early tomorrow if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably an idea to untick all non-default sceneries from the Scenery Library.  Confirm that FSX bare does not cause the pause.

Once confirmed, tick your add-on sceneries one at a time and see if the pause returns.  If it happens with a specific scenery you've just ticked, that should narrow down the cause.  

FSUIPC can cause pauses if it's saving flights... do you have the autosave feature on (if you have FSUIPC that is)

Good luck

After installing the latest version of Vector just released, I have not had this pausing anymore, even when enabling all the UK2000 airports for the London area, and running a lot of AI traffic. It looks like it was something with the old version of Vector. 1.30 is working great.

Archived