Sinking Aircraft at CA21

14Tinner

Hello, I recently purchased the KBLU airport triple pack. When I try to start my flight at CA21/Limberlost Ranch, my aircraft is partially buried or not visible from an outside view. Sometimes from an ouside view I can see one wingtip protruding from the ground or no aircraft at all. (yes, the new libs 150815 are installed). I thought perhaps there was an issue with the A2A aircraft I normally fly but through trial and error I discovered the same issue with the default Cessna.

Am I missing a patch or service pack?

Here's my setup...

Windows 7-64bit

FSX boxed +Accelerator

FTX Global

Orbx North American airport pack

Orbx Northern California Region

Orbx Sonoma Airport

Orbx Blue Canyon Airport

I'm curious if there is a problem with the order in my scenery library.

It lists the "libs" at the top, installed airports, and then the rest of the scenery.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

(Tried for screenshots but could not get them to work)

I cycled through FTX Central and no improvement. I tried the link for the screenshots but when I tried to upload the pics, the program said the files were too large??

In playing with FSX and loading different aircraft it appears that the plane gets loaded in different locations around the airport. In panning outside views I found the plane literally on the side of a hill next to the runway. Really odd. Other times when trying to get a view of the plane from an outside view there was no plane at all. Other times the plane was loaded too far back off of the asphalt. Yet sometimes the plane loads normally. Mostly....NOT.

HELP!!!!

We need screenshots please....if they are too large then just open them with paint and resize them down to 95%, they just need to be under 4mb in size for upload....this is a mostly visually based hobby and therefore very difficult to help without being able to see anything....:)

Another "issue" you may experience at Limberlost (not related to elevation) is that you'll find difficulties taxiing if you're not actually on the tiny strip that's designated as a runway. You'll get stuck in the grass! I think this is because of the sloping runways problem in FSX/P3D rather than some ORBX/FTX issue.

Adam.

Update: Not sure what did the trick but here's what I did. First I reinstalled KBLU. Then I set all my sliders according to the (KBLU) manual. The settings did give me the "stutters" but the aircraft are loading properly now. I guess I'll have to tweak to get rid of the stutters. Frame rate is OK but I hate those stutters. One anomaly that I encountered is when I load my A2A Comanche which has the GTN-750 GPS....I click to start a flight plan FROM CA21 and the gps does NOT recognize the airport. In the GPS it says "CA15", which is actually a Heliport!

I contacted Flight1 regarding the issue with the GTN-750 and they stated that the database will not recognize CA21 as an airport because it is a private airport. Strangely, or not, CA21 comes up normally in FSX as well as Plan-G as an airport right where it should be. Hmmmm?!?

I've loaded at least 4 different aircraft on CA21 multiple times and have not had a problem (besides the gps).

I'll just keep playing with it for a while and I'll update if the problem returns.

Thank you for your help Doogles.

***Limberlost Ranch (CA21) is a nice challenge to land on if you're thinking about buying it***

(When will the Southern California region be released? I'm saving my pennies).

Archived