Melbourne city and surrounds

Bassman

Does the FTX Payware YMML include the City of Melbourne & Surrounds like the FS9 Rick Simmers Melbourne? i.e. including all the sports stadiums and other greater melbourne landmarks? If so great I will be buyng it. Only reason that I hav'nt purchased YMML is that I do not fly heavies out of Int'l airports often. If YMML does include Melbourne etc then I will be placing my order immediately. If YMML does'nt include...is there any scenery free4are or payware that does?

Cheers

Dan

Guest mitch

one thing i would say if you have a slow computer don't buy it beacse it brings

your fps to there knees

but it's a great airport

Guest volcom1720

No it does not include surrounds. Only 20 km radius?

BUT it's the best detailed airport for FSX not FTX FSX EVER  :D So far,

Thanks guys. Whilst I understand that FTX YMML is exceptional, you will appreciate that it is only probably relevant for those that fly out of int'l airports as opposed to GA airfields. So I am still asking for advise as to FSX scenery similar to Rick's.

Cheers VH-DAN

Orbx's YMML is certainly one exceptional airport, and whilst I don't fly in or out of it very often, I spend quite a deal of time sitting on the ground plane spotting.

With both runways now in operation ( courtesy of ggeccles via SP1), it is a plane spotter's paradise.

Also, I find that even though the FPS does come well down into the teens when viewing certain areas, it is still reasonably flyable.

Overall, a great addon, and a great "bang for buck".

Cheers

Guest volcom1720

Hey Alex,  what's the "Cityscape Series"???

Dan

I think it's a new series of scenery ORBX is releasing. I'm pretty sure it's scenery for major cities such as all the capitals. This means eg: Canberra, will look more realistic because Orbx is working on city detail.  ;)

The "Rick Simmer" release for FS8 was ported to VOZ with mixed results. However you need to keep in mind that in FSX, Microsoft added most of the key landmarks around the CBD including the stadiums, Rialto, Eureka Tower, Bolte Bridge, West Gate Bridge, Docklands apartments, Flinders Street station, and many more CBD buildings. In addition, FTX AU BLUE adds in a whole bunch more POIs including the Alfred hospital, all the apartments at South Melbourne, more docklands apartments and also in St. Kilda, some marinas and all of the metro freeway systems including the interchanges. So out of the box, AU BLUE + YMML gives you a much, much better Melbourne experience than the old Rick Simmer models under FS8/FS9.

That said, we will also release a CityScape Melbourne down the track which will add photoreal CBD, Southern Cross Station, a lot more CBD buildings and the elevated CityLink freeways and much more. No eta on that project because it is mainly a very labour-intensive autogen and modeling exercise.

Archived