morphing textures in Warsaw area

FNLU

Tried searching this forum and the compatability forum but was re-directed to an error page...  (that has been happening every time I try to do a search on these forums, sorry)

Anyway, sometimes water, sometimes desert and sometimes just smeared textures appear in th warsaw area.  Haven't noticed the problem anywhere else in EU--so far.  I checked the lclookup and it was correct.  I have OLC_EU v1.00 with the 1.10 and 1.15 updates; installed FSGlobal Ultimate then Global FTX then FTX Vector Then OLC_EU then OLC_AL/CAN. (This is all part of an FSX re-install due to a WIN 10 "blowout") 

Reapplied global grp many times; switching btwn hybrid and non hybrid, each tme checking the lclookup file, to no avail.  

Rgds,

Walter

post-44280-0-65898300-1443059298_thumb.j

Hi Walter

Maybe this will be helpful?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers

Doug

Thanks  Doug.  I had forgotten about that.  I tried that and I still had morphing problems.  I have many payware European airport sceneries and I have tested the surrounding areas of all of them; the only ones that I get the morphing (and stable {non-morphing} patches of what appears to be desert -- in the middle of Warsaw?) textures are in the vicinity EPWA and EDDF. 

post-44280-0-14379700-1443123063_thumb.j

post-44280-0-65528600-1443123076_thumb.j

Thanks  Doug.  I had forgotten about that.  I tried that and I still had morphing problems.  I have many payware European airport sceneries and I have tested the surrounding areas of all of them; the only ones that I get the morphing (and stable {non-morphing} patches of what appears to be desert -- in the middle of Warsaw?) textures are in the vicinity EPWA and EDDF. 

1. A clarification to a comment in one of the screen shots: The "desert" textures ONLY show up in the vicinities of EDDF and EPWA.

2. In addition --I tested the following airport vicinities:  EDDB EPKK EDDM LTBA LGAV LEMD LPPT LIRF EINN EGPK EGLL ENGM ESSA EYVI EETN ULLI UUDD LSZH and LKPR; they are all fine.  The only ones that morph and have the desert textures are EDDF and EPWA. 

3.  Checked the lclookup and  applied several times, switching btwn hybrid and non hybrid.

4. Re-built terrain.cfg  and  applied several times, switching btwn hybrid and non hybrid.

5. Checked all of my European airport addons for similar problems. (see Item #2 abv)

Thanks Doug for your assist.  I don't know if you represent ORBX; if you don't I hope someone from ORBX does.

Thanks agn

Walter

1. A clarification to a comment in one of the screen shots: The "desert" textures ONLY show up in the vicinities of EDDF and EPWA.

2. In addition --I tested the following airport vicinities:  EDDB EPKK EDDM LTBA LGAV LEMD LPPT LIRF EINN EGPK EGLL ENGM ESSA EYVI EETN ULLI UUDD LSZH and LKPR; they are all fine.  The only ones that morph and have the desert textures are EDDF and EPWA. 

3.  Checked the lclookup and  applied several times, switching btwn hybrid and non hybrid.

4. Re-built terrain.cfg  and  applied several times, switching btwn hybrid and non hybrid.

5. Checked all of my European airport addons for similar problems. (see Item #2 abv)

Thanks Doug for your assist.  I don't know if you represent ORBX; if you don't I hope someone from ORBX does.

Thanks agn

Walter

To All;

Last line of above should read: 

Thanks Doug for your assist.  I don't know if you represent ORBX; if you don't I hope someone from ORBX does read this reply

Sorry, no scarcasm intended.

WS

• 1 month later...

Well, here it is Nov 10th already.  Having rebuilt terrain.cfg and re-applied global and re-applied global hybrid and checked lclookup.bgl, re-applied global and re-applied hybrid many times each, the morphing/changing textures are still preesent at EPWA , with or without the Drziewicki EPWA scenery.

Also, the strange out-of-place "desert-like" textures (they do not morph/change, but remain comparably stable) continue to be present in the Warsaw city area and one "desert-like" tile just east of EDDF which actually does mopost-44280-0-30839100-1447185643_thumb.jrph a bit. 

Now, I have done all of the things that have been recommended many times over; I have even checked all of my European airport addons and EPWA and EDDF are the only two that exhibit the above problems.

One thing I did notice is that the time of the lclookup file (in world/base/scenery) did not change as I switched (applied) between hybrid and not hybrid; it stayed at 0936-hybrid; the non-hybrid lclookup file time in the custom gb_base folder is 0934.

Thanks,

Walter

FSS0405801 OpenLC NA

FSS0318453 OpenLC EU

FSS0263773 Global Base and Global Vector

Thanks Nick,

I get the morphing even in the default EPWA.  The only time I do not get morphing and those weird "desert-like" textures at EPWA and EDDF is when I disable OLC EU1 (eastern EU - apparently) and OLC EU6 (Germany - apparently). 

My scenery library is correctly constructed as you suggest.

I only have 1 Group in FTX Central and that is Global.

I frankly do not know what else to do.

I thank you for your patience.  If I stumble upon a solution I will advise.

rgds,

Walter 

Archived