Do I need OPENLC Scenery activated for the FTX region?

Furia

Hi. I have multiple ORBX products (PNW, NRM, CRM, PFJ, SA, Global, Vector and multiple airports) but if I have them all activated at the same time I use to have continuos OOM (Out of Memory) problems with complex aircrafts (A2A, Flight1 B200.....)

The only solution I have found is to deactivate all the scenery I do not use on that very flight and for this I use the nice Scenery configurator program.

I have several FTX regions plus Global and vector. Usually I fly on one or two of the FTX regions in North America and have the Global deactivated.

I have a doubt with some files I am not sure if I need them to fly for instance on the Pacific Northwest or Rockie Mountains. Those are:

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMEAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

"Apparently" having then activated or not does not change anything if I am flying in one of the regions for instance the Rockie Mountains.

Since I want to reduce to the maximum the number of files activated in order to avoid the dreaded OOM error, I would like to know if those scenery files are really needed and part of the FTX North America regions or just part of the FTX Global.

Thanks in advance.

But if you select North America in Central before flying, isn't that the same as unticking Global etc in Scenery Library?

Don

No... Global (including Vector and OpenLC entries) remains active, no matter what is selected in FTX Central. This is to ensure that areas outside of FTX regions show correctly if flying close to the border.

The only FTX Central setting that disables scenery entries is "Global" with Hybrid mode turned off. This disables all FTX full regions.

Archived