ORBX. The new star

jgruschow

Well it's arrived. It's downloaded and it's running. As simple as that.

I have been described as the most severe critic on the forum so I was looking for something to criticise. Just to maintainn my reputation. ;D

I'm still looking!  

It's good. It's bloody good! Fot those of us who's flying is "low and slow" it's near perfection.

Firstly, I was prepared for a performance drop. There wasn't one. I can still fly with all settings maxed out. No stutters, no blurries,no system refreshes.

My maiden flight was from Cradle Mountain. I have long been annoyed by a road running through the tarmac in front of the Hanger.

Surprise, surpise, the road was now in it's proper place.

And there was snow on the ground. Realistic snow where it should be. An amazing piece of designing.

I changed the season and the snow was gone. As it should.

Then a flight from Straun to Launceston, with stopoffs at most of Mark's small strips.  Then up to Flinder's Island. The sea and the coastlines are excellent. Some of the strips are a bit hard to find. They perhaps blend in too well. But realistic.

And lastly, the price. Well I've spent over $100 for scenery and most of it was rubbish. BUT $30 for the best scenery I have ever seen.

I am now number one in the queue with another $30 in hand for AUGold.

TO Koorby and the crew. Well done.

And a special thank you to Jay Kae, who's job I am told is to keep me in order

You guys have to much fun with this.. .:P

Jack, you just made the wait for it to arrive in the mail just that little bit harder, i was hopeing you of all people could come up with someting that would meake me not want it as bad as i do now...  :P;)

Archived