Pago Pago airport addon - Elevation @ FAQ Fitiuta is incorrect?

Ghroznak

I bought the Pago Pago addon and flew to Fitiuta, but when I got there the terrain was all messed up (grass and buildings floating mid-air).

Basically all the buildings between runway and the center hilltop of the island were in a valley, and the runway was on a raised height... which looked... weird. When I watched some videos of people landing at Fitiuta there should be no valley at all, but even level terrain from the runway through the adjacent village.

You can see how it looks on approach if you jump to timestamp 41min 50 seconds in this twitch streamhttp://www.twitch.tv...znak/v/16010572

My Mesh detail was set to 10m, and I changed it to 5m but that was even worse... Do I need to set it above 10m to make this airport look right? All my other Orbx airports et.c. are all looking great and the terrain in local areas I know look nice with the 10m mesh detail.

Hi Ghroznak,

If you use FTX-Vector you will need to run the Auto-AEC (airport elevation corrections) tool after installing any scenery/airports http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-airport-elevation-fixes-and-using-aec-read-this-first/

And 5m terrain-mesh is the Orbx recommended setting, this the mesh setting all Orbx developers use when adjusting terrain in sceneries

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I experience the same elevation problem at Fitiuta (FAQ) and also at Ofu (NSAS).

Since I do not have FTX-Vector installed, I guess I can not use the Auto-AEC as a solution.

How can I get rid of this problem?

Thanks and Cheers

Hi Gerhard,

If you could post a screenshot that would be great - there should not be any issues at either of those airports because the NSTU Samoan experience package comes with its own vector and terrain mesh components

Also ensure your mesh slider is at 5m

Hi Tim, hi Mopperle,

thank you for your kind response. I have to appologize for opening this issue, because I have failed!

I previously had some airport sceneries by Lawrie Roache installed and I thought I removed all of them prior installing the ORBX scenery.

Due to the fact the two different airport abbreviations for Ofu (NSAS/Z08) and Fitiuta (NSDFQ/FAQ) exist I unfortunately missed the deinstallation of those two a/p.

After I performed the action now everything is perfect!

My compliments for this breathtaking, amazing scenery!

Sorry that I have caused such a mess!

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

Archived