Jacksons AYPY won't install after changing from FSX:SE to P3D

richtoshn

Hi all, hope you can help.

I recently changed from FSX Steam to P3D but before doing so uninstalled all of my add ons and then cleared out the registry of any FSX related entries.

I have since started re-installing FTX stuff.  It is a clean install of P3D and so far I have Installed Global Base 1.30 and the latest ORBXLIBS.  When checking the sim, all is well both in the sim  and with FTX Central v2.

However, when I tried to install APAY, it goes quickly through the install pop ups, including asking for a destination etc. but finished very abruptly.  APAY then shows up in FTX Central v2 as installed but when I look in the sim, it is neither displayed nor is it in the scenery library.  Note, APAY didn't show as installed in Central prior to trying to install it but did show in Cenral after the 'install' attempt.  I have tried manually entering it into the library but that doesn't seem to work.

When I click on the configure or manual links in FTX Central v2, it comes up with a red dialogue box stating it can't find the files.  So obviously during the install process, some files must have gone missing/not been installed.

One thing I did notice is that with both Global Base and APAY, the installers didn't ask for my registration/order number details so I can only assume something has been left but I have no idea what.  As a result, I have stopped installing anything else until I can get this fixed  :-(

Hoping you can help,

Rich

Order no.  398190

Hi Rich,

That sounds odd

After you installed AYPY did you try setting the [Global] region again?, this should add it to your scenery library automatically

Also browse to [sim]/ORBX/FTX_PI/FTX_AA_AYPY and see how big the folder is, it should be about 697mb

If you have installed these products on that same PC before it will remember the regkey/ log-in info

Hi Tim,

Thanks.  Because it is a fresh install of ORBX, I only have Global and AYPY installed. I have no other add ons at all.

I'm wondering if the issue might be to do with the regkey/ log-in info.  Is it worth running the Global uninstaller and then deleting the regkey/ login info.  I suspect that might be the cause of the problem because I didn't get asked for the registration details when I re-installed AYPY and thus could it be assuming it is already installed in a different location?

Where in the registry is the regkey/ log-in information stored?

Huge thanks,

Rich

Hi Nick.

P3D is installed into it's own folder on my E: drive. with the location of the AYPY files being E:\p3d\ORBX\FTX_PI\FTX_AA_AYPY

The texture and scenery files within that folder are simply

CVX_Efogi_airstrip_slope_flatten.BGL

Orbx_AYPY_terminal_buildings_8_bump.dds

The installer doesn't appear to be installing any other files which I can see within the FTX_PI folder.

Thanks,

Rich

I think that either your registry entry is pointing elsewhere, which is why I asked you

to report into what location the installer is putting the files,

or, more likely in view of your last post,

you are installing the update (version 1.10) and not the full product.

Once again I ask you to run the installer and check,

1) what version it intends to install and

2) where it intends to put the files.

You might also check the file size of your installer, the update is 2.11 mb

and the full installer is 505 mb.

Thanks.

Absolutely correct there Nick, those two files are what was in the patch, cheers!

YEP hi

is in HCKEY / Software registry . if isn't have tripleinstaller you can't change the destination  FSX SE  or/to P3D2.5 .

Patrick

Archived