Monument Velly

axsdata

I just purchased Orbx Momument Valley. The scenery will not show up (none) even though it all seemed to install properly. I have the latest version of the software and of FTC Central. I also installed the latest utrilogy libraries. I am running FSX with Acceleration Pack and latest service packs. I'm also running Windows 10.

In the installation folder there is a readme.txt. In it it says the following:

This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX: Global Base must be installed prior to use.

I did not know that one had to buy this rather expensive product before once could use the Monument Valley Scenery. There is nothing in any of the website pages to suggest this. Now I am stuck with a purchased product I cannot use. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also....Please add your product order numbers to your signature as per forum rules. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Thanks

Doug

I'm sorry, I cannot see the verbiage you quote above. Could you post a link to the page?

Valley.png

OK. Apologize again. Went to FSS site and saw the verbiage. Very strange.

But here's the latest. I wished to start my flight from Kayenta, which is part of the Momument Valley package. So I selected it from the airport selector in FSX. That was where I saw that there was no Orbx scenery. So a moment ago, just to check, I slewed northward towards Monument Valley and there it was. All the scenery. Then I flew back towards Kayenta and the airport and the community appeared. Not sure why this is happening. But whatever the glitch, it does not require the Global Base. I don't think. I don't recall buying the global base. But maybe I did. How can I find out if it is installed?

Anyway. I will have to figure out where the mismatch is between the FSX scenery database and the Orbx Scenery.

Thanks for the help.

OK. Apologize again. Went to FSS site and saw the verbiage. Very strange.

But here's the latest. I wished to start my flight from Kayenta, which is part of the Momument Valley package. So I selected it from the airport selector in FSX. That was where I saw that there was no Orbx scenery. So a moment ago, just to check, I slewed northward towards Monument Valley and there it was. All the scenery. Then I flew back towards Kayenta and the airport and the community appeared. Not sure why this is happening. But whatever the glitch, it does not require the Global Base. I don't think. I don't recall buying the global base. But maybe I did. How can I find out if it is installed?

Anyway. I will have to figure out where the mismatch is between the FSX scenery database and the Orbx Scenery.

Thanks for the help.

Please add your product order numbers to your signature as per forum rules. :)

http://www.orbxsyste...ig-for-support/

Thanks

Doug

I think I finally got it. It's my own geographical shortcomings. I was mistaken in thinking that Kayenta was part of the package. The area is much more limited to the actual park area and the airport in the ORBX package is the Monument Valley airport at Gouldings Store etc.

But I still don't think I have the Global Base package. And yet the MV package works. Am I missing something?

Hey Tom

I believe the actual airport package will install and work without Global Base, it just won't blend into the surrounding area as nicely as it was meant to...and I am sure you would be very pleased with Global Base, it makes for a major upgrade to the main foundation of the sim...

BTW Welcome! :)

Doug

Archived