OpenLC alaska/canada issue

SkyHawk024

I fly alot in the bush around talkeetna in fsx and i noticed a issue with the scenery the runway at PATK is lower than some parts of the scenery and the sustina river that runs by talkeetna is gone almost all the way to willow state park area, i do have addon scenery i have activated and deactivated to see what that would do and it appears there is a tree in the runway on both instances, i know this is a confusing jumble but i dont have time to take pictures and post them atm but i will be sure to do so after i get home from work. Also note the river that is below willow isnt water it's solid ground now. could this just be a result of a bad install?

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

In order to receive support for our payware products please post your order numbers as per this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Cheers, Holger 

Hi there,

to recap: the airports are OK now and the remaining issue is river elevations?

For technical reasons Global Vector doesn't flatten rivers, just lakes. That means that the underlying terrain mesh has to be sufficiently accurate to properly model the river surfaces. Are you using any third-party add-on mesh? The FTX Regions have fixed river elevations but they also provide their own terrain mesh files so there's no worry about different add-on meshes (or default mesh) causing different results with the flattens.

Cheers, Holger

Archived