Trivial Highway issue with LC North America

Gavinc

Hi,

There is a 4 lane highway near Ottawa, On. CA. (in the real world it would be the 417). The traffic is travelling in the same direction on both sides of the highway. I only noticed (and it only bugs me) because I grew up around there.

Check out around N45 20.66 W75 49.46 and you should see what I mean.

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin,

this is an issue with VECTOR roads.  In FTX regions multi-lane roadways have two way traffic because they are actually are different roads.  VECTOR only draws multi-lane roadways but in reality there is only one roadway present and traffic will only travel in one direction.  Earlier posts on the subject Pilot's have said they were not going to correct the problem.  Not sure if there was ever any change to the policy.  As you see it still is an ongoing error.

Thanks for the info,

Interesting because other Multi lane roads in Vector work fine. Check the 4 lane road west of Toronto (the 401 in real life) at N43 34.71 W79 40.23. I suppose it is drawn as multiple roads in Vector.

If the "issue" won't be "resolved" it is no big deal. It doesn't really affect anything except the obsessive compulsive in me when I fly low and slow :-)

Gavin

Thanks Spud,

Guess that is why it is called a Flight Simulator, not a Highway Simulator

And that is more than enough on this topic :DeadHorse:  I'm off to fly somewhere in the Pacific Fjords where there aren't any roads at all to worry about :D

Archived