FTX LC Alaska and Canada Problems

cflord

Hi Cliff,

Very well highlighted the issues. However, for purposes of future corrections is essential that you provide at least the coordinates.

But I can tell you, if I'm not wrong, the screenshots 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8 show the effects caused by Vector version 1.20, widely commented on several topics of Vector support forum.

The screenshots 6, 7 and 8 are from Sitka. In Hoger' words "Also, the mentioned elsewhere, the landclass product like openLC NA does not alter shorelines, waterbodies, or the position and elevation of airports." (post # 9 here).

The remaining uncommented screenshots will be commented by Orbx staff, and, I repeat, it is best to provide the coordinates, if you can.

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi Cliff,

Voyager is correct as to the positioning of default objects and airport issues caused by the more accurate shorelines provided by Global Vector.

As for the odd texture tiles on land you probably have the openLC entries positioned incorrectly; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102019-if-you-see-strange-tiles-in-openlc/

Cheers, Holger

Holger, I normally post the coordinates as I have in the past. In this case the problem seems to be all over the place. I do know Unalaska (Dutch Harbor) PADU, Kodiak PADQ, and Baker Lake,

Nunavut Territory, Canada all have water up under the end of the runway. Unalaska (Dutch Harbor) and Sitka have the boats either floating in mid air or sitting on land. I have seen these

same problems at other places as well. I flew at least 1 test flight in Greenland, 1 test flight in every territory in Canada, and several test flights in Alaska. Most of the airports

located inland do not look bad at all. I liked Fairbanks Alaska and Thule Greenland. I was really looking forward to flying at Sitka, Kodiak, and Dutch Harbor; but their so bad it really

disappoints me. Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

the only possible solutions are to (a) ask the Vector developers to change the shorelines to better match the default airports and marinas or ( 8) for someone to update/move those default elements to better match Vector's landscape elements. For the former approach you'd have to post specific requests in the Vector support forum. A work-around in the meantime would be to deactivate Vector while flying in those areas.

Did you get the incorrect texture tiles fixed via the link I posted?

Cheers, Holger

Holger, thanks for the link; but I did not have much success in fixing anything. Having water every where but where it should be is driving me crazy! Sorry I'm not much help: but the problemsseem to be bigger than one or two sets of coordinates.

Cliff

Archived