FTXCentral missing after installing new software

WilliamB

After updating software I have an icon that that accesses FTXCentral2 with no problem, however I am unable to access the original FTXCentral .  In what directory is the original FTXCentral located? FTXCentral.exe is not in the directory where FTXCentral2.exe is located.  To complicate things, I migrated my FSX to an SSD drive prior to updating my Orbx software.  The old harddrive is still in my computer (F:\)  The FTXCentral program located on my F:\ drive runs no problem.  But the old FTXCentral program will not run when copied to the FTXCentral directory on my SSD drive,  I get a Registry error.  I obviously don't know the rules for handling this situation.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

WilliamB

Hi William,

once FTX Central v2 is installed there's no reason to use the original version anymore. What specifically are you trying to do with v1?

If you just moved the FSX folders rather than re-installing FSX and its add-ons your Windows registry no longer knows where FSX.exe is located. Our installers as well as those of many other vendors rely on that registry entry to properly install all files, which is why moving FSX folders is generally not a good idea.

We provide a registry fixer tool; it's RegistryFixTool.exe located in C:\Users\{YourName}\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral. Try running that to re-sync the registry entries with the new location of FSX.exe.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Thanks for your response. My new install of FSX and FTXCentral2 is working fine. I installed Global

Vector2 using your installer and FTXCentral was not available. I thought I needed both FTXCentral and FTXCentral2. Since FTXCentral ran when initiated from my old FSX installation (still on a hard drive in my computer), I created a desktop icon for it (did not work). I moved FTXCentral.exe to the folder where FTXCentral2.exe was located in my new FSX installation (also did not work). You have solved my problem by letting me know that FTXCentral2 completely replaces the function of FTXCentral.

I thoroughly enjoy your software and am looking forward to OpenLC North America, Alaska and Canada. Spent most of my career flying Alaska and Canada.

Thanks again!

WilliamB

Archived