OpenLC NA - Burwash Area Problem - FSX

OK, I was checking out my favourite haunt after installing OpenLC NA and have discovered a pretty large area that's a problem. This is in the Kluane (YT) area, most specifically around the Burwash (CYDB) airport area, but the issue is very much larger than just around the airport. At the very least, all of Kluane Lake is missing, which is a major water body in this region that stretches more than 30 nm north to south. Please see the screenshots below for details:

Burwash1.jpg

This is a shot from Skyvector of the area. The arrows point to the airport and the lake, per the captions. Prior to installing OpenLC NA all was good throughout this region in FSX as I often fly from there down to Haines Junction to the south.

Burwash2.jpg

See here, as taken in FSX looking more or less eastward across the airport to where the lake should be. In addition to the missing lake there are some odd textures here and there that you can see both in the foreground and distance. For scale, the lake should extend to the edge of the mountains in the distance.

Burwash3.jpg

This is an overhead shot again looking eastward, pointing out the airport and where the lake should be. It is totally missing.

Switching back to the locked spot view, I start getting some very strange texture switching. See below:

Burwash4.jpg

This is moving towards where the lake should be from the airport (SE of the airport, facing SE) Note the ground textures.

Burwash5.jpg

Moving just a few more feet triggers all kinds of texture switching as you can see in this shot. This required very little forward movement to trigger this.

Burwash6.jpg

And a few feet further on again. Obviously something is amiss here and hopefully these screenshots will help pinpoint the problem.

In an attempt to get back where I was prior to installing OpenLC, I switched back to the North America from the Global Region. I got a red-backed message saying that there was an error in switching and access to the path (which I did not catch) was denied. However, despite that, North America was now activated, but I still had the problem as shown above. That message only appeared once however, as I repeated the process a couple of times to see if it was repeatable, so I'd say that was a temporary glitch.

So, the setup:

Sim:  FSX Gold

Computer:  Win 7-64, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GT+560

Orbx/other Scenery Active:  Vector, Global and FS Genesis installed along with all fat regions for North America and Tongass Fjords.

I flew this area yesterday and all was fine (per Skyvector's map). After installing OpenLC NA this problem appeared. The only other item has been added in the interim is the update to FTX Central that just came out a day or two ago but was only installed tonight. FTX Central was set to Global with Hybrid active  with the installation of OpenLC and left in that configuration. Following the installation of OpenLC I reinstalled the latest library (FTXORBXLIBS_150331).

One additional question is that is it possible to disable OpenLC for the interim while this is being fixed? Is there an uninstall procedure if not, where I can reinstall it later once again after a patch or fix is found?

Thanks for your help.

I have done some further exploring and this problem is much more widespread than just Burwash. I'm seeing it at Watson Lake (CYQH), Dease Lake (CYDL) and Atlin (CYSQ). I checked down in the Tongass region at Wrangell but the ocean water is there. I'm wondering if this might be a layering issue? Tongass is layered below all Orbx entries but OpenLC is layered above them. Is that correct?

OK, I'll turn it over to you. If you have any questions or need me to add anything, ask away. Thanks.

Glenn

Having read about reordering the layers via FTX Central (latest version) I thought that might fix my problem, but whenever I reorder them according to the instructions in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101952-tiles-missing-misplaced/

the order doesn't stick. I click Save Changes but then when I reopen that window, it's back to where it was. I've cycled NA and Global/Hybrid several times (hitting Apply each time), before and after trying to reorder the layers, but the layers revert to FTX being below OpenLC each time. Not at all sure what's going on here now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that will fix it. Trouble is now since going to v2 of FTX Central, my insertion point adjustments won't stick. It will take forever to change that manually on my system so I'm hoping for a fix for that so I can get this all working.

Thanks for the help. I'm quite certain your idea will fix my water problem.

OK, this problem is solved. I moved JUST the FTX entry in the Insertion Point tool rather than trying to move Tongass at the same time and the insertion point stuck. After that my textures returned to normal and I have my water back as it should be.

Thanks for the help Ed. All good at this end now.

Glenn

Archived