nvidia 355.60 driver

coolgovind180

No problems here. Simply installed it over the old one and it works like expected. (I never go through the uninstall, clean with some kind of driver cleaner and install sequence that some people find necessary. Why make it complicated if you can do it simple. ;) )

No problems here. Simply installed it over the old one and it works like expected. (I never go through the uninstall, clean with some kind of driver cleaner and install sequence that some people find necessary. Why make it complicated if you can do it simple. ;) )

It's not very difficult to do a clean GPU drivers installation with the DDU tool. I wonder that in this case you don't do a clean install as you always mention doing things clean.

Here's the link to get DDU and how to use it. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

Spirit

It's not very difficult to do a clean GPU drivers installation with the DDU tool. I wonder that in this case you don't do a clean install as you always mention doing things clean.

Here's the link to get DDU and how to use it. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

Spirit

As you say, I like to keep things clean and well... installing a utility like DDU isn't clean in my book LOL The less programs and utilities I install, the better! Letting the nVidia driver do what it is supposed to do without having to install extra software sounds pretty clean to me! ;) And so far I never had any problems with nVidia drivers so... I'll stick with my clean method.  8) 

Thanks for the advice, link and thinking along anyway: seriously much appreciated!

Just a note on the "using a cleaner"  vs. just updating etc.  The process has really changed over the years as drivers have evolved.  There have always been some good writeups on the EVGA forums (my video card of choice for years) on the proper ways to update drivers.  These writeups have evolved as the drivers have.  First was always the uninstall it and then run a driver sweeper method.  Then it was uninstall all components (physx, etc.) and finally the driver itself, reboot, install new driver, reboot.  Now it's really just download, run installer, choose the components to install, clean install checkbox, reboot.  The only reason to run a manual uninstall + Driver Sweeper now is if you have some sort of problem occur.

Archived