Tipella fixes for P3D v2.5 (yes, I know)

ZorgroZ

I have a copy of the former Orbx Tipella package version 1.0.

The installer is only for FSX and P3D v1.

Nevertheless I was able to install the package under my copy of P3D v2.5 (through creating the appropriate registry entry and symlink).

However, when I go to Tipella in P3D, only a part of the scenery shows up. For example, buildings are not visible (but cause a crash if you taxi into them).

I'm aware that Tipella is not distributed any more by Orbx, but as a long shot I'm hoping for some hints on the following:

1. Was there ever a release of Tipella for P3D v2.5?

2. How can I fix my installation of Tipella for P3D v2.5? (I guess this has to do with texture misassignments?) For instance, what tools can I use? (I'm a developer but new to flightsim, thus can be as technical as needed.)

Thanks,

Michael

There is also a way to do that without using the migration tool...

You need to manually add an entry for "Objectflow_CBB7.dll" (including the path, i.e. "[...]\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\") in your "DLL.xml".

Then, copy "ObjectFlow_P3D.dll" from "ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\" to "ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\" and rename it to "Objectflow_CBB7.dll". Alternatively, after adding the correct entry to "DLL.xml", simply run "ObjectFlowUpdate.exe" and it should update all DLLs listed in "DLL.xml", including this one.

HTH,

Tym

I was able to get the buildings show up with Tym's instructions, and it looks ok from the air.

However I have another strange problem:

All preset starting positions are either right in the water or on the runway. If I taxi from the runway down the little pathway to the village, at the edge of the runway the airplane crashes.

I have tried multiple times, taxied very slowly and carefully in the center, but always get a crash, as if there's an invisible obstacle.

Has anybody ever experienced this? Any idea how to fix or diagnose?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi guys,

One more thing to note: if Tipella is removed from scenery.cfg every time you run FTX Central, you need to add a script for it.

Go to "[...]\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\Scripts\", create a new file called "scenerylib_NA_CBB7.cfg" and paste the following text in it (leave the "XXX" strings as they are, FTX Central will automatically adjust the library entry as needed):

[Area.XXX]
Title=FTX_AA_CBB7
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=XXX

As for crashboxes, I consider the crash detection routines in FSX/P3D to be way too buggy to be usable anyway, so I keep crash detection disabled.

Regards,

Tym

There is also a way to do that without using the migration tool...

You need to manually add an entry for "Objectflow_CBB7.dll" (including the path, i.e. "[...]\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\") in your "DLL.xml".

Then, copy "ObjectFlow_P3D.dll" from "ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\" to "ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\" and rename it to "Objectflow_CBB7.dll". Alternatively, after adding the correct entry to "DLL.xml", simply run "ObjectFlowUpdate.exe" and it should update all DLLs listed in "DLL.xml", including this one.

HTH,

Tym

Many many thanks

that works also with EDBH Barth ::)

Archived