Props and Ponies 2015- Skagit Regional

shipdriver

In the hopes that there will be a triple installer for Skagit Regional (KBVS) soon, I present this. :) I brought my Boss 302 up to Props and Ponies at Heritage Flight Museum at Skagit Regional yesterday where Mustang cars get to meet Mustang planes. I was trying a new camera, so excuse some of the wind noise (the wind filter was off). It was also handheld as well with the kit lens, but some of the shots really came out well. Note the focal length I was using was only 85mm equivalent, except for when Val-halla was right in front of me and I actually had to zoom out a little, so no huge telephoto necessary for this event.

Edit: Please excuse the lack of flight-sim videos lately. I have upgraded to Win10 (clean install) and am taking my time reinstalling add-ons into P3D.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55O6RtS5WVg

Thanks everyone! The event was a blast. When 'Val-halla' is taxiing by and revving its engine, it was so close! I had to zoom out with the camera at one point because the plane filled the frame so much. When he (Greg Anders was the pilot) turned around to taxi away I felt like I could reach out and touch the wing. Flying Heritage Collection birds are rarer and more historically authentic by and large, but the space along the crosswind runway at Skagit Regional is cozy enough that the fly-bys are really close, as opposed to Paine Field which is huge. The other Mustang flying in the video is 'Impatient Virgin' from Historic Flight Foundation at Paine Field. Last year, the Mustangs at Props and Ponies were 'Val-halla', 'Upupa Epops' from FHC and 'Fragile But Agile'. Unfortunately 'Upupa Epops' was doing another event the same day this year (which I was playing hooky from!).

I do hope a triple installer comes out for Skagit at some point, because it is one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived