bella coola spikes

shermank

Somewhere along the line, my scenery files, layers, etc have gotten screwed up. I figured out one problem involving a spike S of KBVS, though a problem remains on the field, which I will tackle in another topic.

To the point of CYBD, here is what I am seeing shortly after takeoff from rwy 23. The exact coordinates are LAT  N52 26.30 and LON 126.40.97. Here is how it looks

bellacoolaspike.jpg

thanks as always for help and advice...btw, on a related topic, I am thinking of reinstalling PNW and its subsequent patches. Can I simply reinstall over the existing installation, or is there something I should do to remove any traces of PNW, et.al. Thanks.

Sherm

I had not thought of that, even though I have offered that very suggestion to others who have had scenery issues. I will reconfigure. btw, I do have DX10 with an Nvidia 760, 2gigs of ram aboard. Thanks...I will make the appropriate changes and hope I hit on the right formula...:-)

sherm

I believe the problem had nothing to do with my Nvidia settings or DX10 fixer. Instead, it was a series of bogus scenery files. I cannot prove it but I think they are connected to downloads from this web site

http://www.coosbayhops.com/

They are a series of faux airports, less pejorative, I will call them imaginative. Perhaps I did not install them correctly, or maybe I did and they simple did not agree with my setup. Whatever the reason, the Bella Coola Twin Tower spike is gone.

I discovered this while flying south from the spike, when I came upon a strange looking airport with what I can only describe as science fiction like buildings, towers, etc. I am sorry I did not grab a screen shot, but I was thinking more about solving my problem. I deleted a whole series of blg files with very strange descriptions in the scenery search section of FSX. They included such designations as MKMF, and a run of about 25 files beginning with MM with consecutive numbers....all bogus fields. Some of the field names were rather crude, so I will  not go into detail, except to say this case can be considered closed.....that is unless i find any more of these anomalies.  Thanks, Doug, for your help. If you get a chance, please take a look at my still unanswered Skagit KBVS post, where the field has elevation issues and is overrun with trees.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101259-nagging-kbvs-problem/?hl=skagit

thanks.

Sherm

Archived