Forcing FSX to use windowed mode.

Dadtom65

Hi everyone. Can some one please tell me what to put into the FSX cfg to force it to play in windowed mode please. I have a 27" LG monitor for FSX and a 22" monitor for using planG and other stuff. All so is there any other thing I should have in the cfg. I have the High mem fix. Thanks Guys. Derek. 

Hi Nick. Thanks for that, now all I have to do is sort out my monitors. My other one I use, as soon as I switch it on it goes to sleep. I had it in my card setup as extended but that didnt work  as the sim was half and half on the monitors. Changed it to single and now this happens. Any idea's Nick. Cheer's Derek.

I don't have an AMD graphics card but I can tell you that if the settings

in Windows and the settings in the graphics card software are not exactly

the same, nothing will work as it should.

Look at your Power settings also, particularly at how long before the

display shuts down if not used.

If FSX is windowed and half and half, can you not just pick it up and

centre it on the screen of your choice?

Just left click on the bar at the top and move it to where you want it.

I had it in my card setup as extended but that didnt work  as the sim was half and half on the monitors. Changed it to single and now this happens.

'Extend desktop on to this monitor' is the correct setting. To comment on what you are seeing with FSX we would need a bit more info - maybe a photo of your screens? If your Windows desktop looks right I can't see any reason why FSX in windowed mode won't look right. However, you may not be able to make your FSX window stretch across more than the width of your main screen. That will depend on the ATI graphics drivers.

Archived