Scenery Spike [PNW]

shermank

Thanks for your help on this. The coordinates for the spike are N48*1.92  W122*56.95.

Since my first post last night, I have reinstalled NA Airports, reset FTX Central2 to NA, reloaded the latest libs. Nothing has changed. 

But, I did discover another problem. In FTX Central, though KBVS is a listed airport add on, The Control Panel shows this

capture_001_02082015_071959.jpg

In fact, I get a similar red warning for virtually all of the add on airports that offer individual controls. As for KBVS this is what I see

capture_004_02082015_072940.jpg

Needless to say, not a very pretty picture. I always appreciate our community's generosity with help and advice, and repeat that thanks for this issue.

Sherm

Hi

Well, as the spike, especially in this region (OS9), never seen one. See screenshot of the indicated position:

2015-8-2_11-34-10-972ShermSpikeVision.jp

As for that other issue, I think you should run again, this application:

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlowUpdate\InstallObjectFlowUpdate.exe

See I'm not an expert, but I think there will be an improvement.

Cheers,

Hi Sherm

Is it a plateau with the aiport on top or a pointed spike that you wouldn't want to sit on ? And does it appear suddenly or was it here when you entered into the sim ?

It is not a plateau. It appeared gradually as I flew toward it, rather than a sudden pop up.

Hi

Well, as the spike, especially in this region (OS9), never seen one. See screenshot of the indicated position:

2015-8-2_11-34-10-972ShermSpikeVision.jp

As for that other issue, I think you should run again, this application:

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlowUpdate\InstallObjectFlowUpdate.exe

Thanks voyager. Your shot is from FS9. Mine is with FSX. I will try your other suggestion. Thanks

Sherm

See I'm not an expert, but I think there will be an improvement.

Cheers,

I have had those spikes in that area before and they went away when I installed w28. Mine were more like spears than yours.

What is w28?

Sherm

The spikes' issues in(to) "fat regions" has to do with the type of mesh that is used.

In the case of PNW, Orbx uses FSGX2010 from Pilot's.

In FSGX2010 the spikes and puddings are "controlled" by Vector.

I do not have either Vector or Pilot's mesh. I do have FS genesis USA as well as UTX for US and CANADA. It is not noted in my sign but of course I have ORBX PNW with all the current patches. Most recent is a cumulative 08 patch update.

Fwiw, I have found only one KBVS bgl related file on my HD . I am on my iPad typing this and not at the PC, so cannot tell you the exact name of the file I have found or in what folder. Should there be other KBVS files. Btw, the install is one of the ORBX freeware airports. I have not searched others at this point for similar problems other than in routine day to day flights where no such anomalies have been noted.

Sherm

Digging out it seeems that  there was a problem of that kind around patch 5. So is your PNW the result of an earlier version that you've progressively patched or is it the last 1.80 full installer ? In the first case, download 1.80 and install it.

EDIT sorry didn't see the post where you said that you're up to 1.8

The spike mystery is solved....it turns out it was created when I downloaded scenery connected to Coos Bay Hops....

I discovered this when I looked at the area on Plan G and discovered CBSS as an ICAO designator. I moved my  plane for takeoff there and this is what I found...wait for it.... :-)

coosbaymysteryspik.jpg

I found the related bgl in addon scenery and deleted it. so, the spike is gone. However, I still have the issue with no textures at KBVS.....hoping someone can solve that for me....thanks all...this hobby never ceases to amaze.... 8)

Sherm

Archived