PNW Does not load

leader01

Order No FSS0285489

Purchased 2014-05-17

I have had ORBX PNW loaded since the purchase date and had been flying in three areas consistently - Upper Midwest around Minneapolis, Western Cape South Africa and PNW. I know these areas intimately. 

All was fine until Friday of last week when I seemed to lose the Orbx PNW area. I have since tried a number of things.

Uninstall ORBX and re-install - no luck - I did this at least three times

Uninstall FSX Acceleration from the box and re-install Orbx PNW - no luck

Uninstall ORBX and re-install - no luck - I have done this several times

The files appear to be present in the right places but PNW will not load when I go there to fly!

Hi there,

if the four FTX PNW entries are present in the scenery library menu, along with the ORBXLIBS entry, then there's no reason PNW shouldn't display properly. I'd suggest posting a couple of representative screenshots, with coordinates (Shift-Z) to help us with the diagnosis; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/leader01

Hi there,

The images are at the link above

Blaine Muni After Take off

East of Blaine Muni

Fairchild Intl After Take off

Sea Tac After Take Off

At end of Sea Tac runway looking NE towards Boeing Field

My FSX ORBX files folder contains FTX_AU, FTX_NA, Scripts, User Documents.

My FTX_NA folder contains FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY, FTX_NA_PNW05_CVX, FTX_NA_NA_PNW_MESH,

FTX_NA_PNWo5_CUSTOM

The FTX files are at the top of the list when viewing the Scenery Settings in FSX and FTXCentral 2 has North America set as active

I trust that this helps

Hi there,

thanks for posting the screenshots. It does seem that PNW is properly installed and active though you appear to suffer from a severe case of the "blurries" and also some slider settings appear to be too low to have objects display. I've attached three screenshots of mine from KSEA, Fairchild Int, and Blaine Mun. Note that the overall features are the same. For example, though, most of the airport objects are missing; either your scenery complexity slider setting is too low to show those objects or you've forgotten to install the current Orbx Libraries from our support page as instructed in the PNW installer menu.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-37803200-1438108823_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-93378900-1438108826_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-47460300-1438108830_thumb.jpg

Archived