Changing Terrain Textures

Matthew Curry

Hi,

I have been using ORBX products for years but have recently come across a problem that I have seen once or twice before (In CRM) but has become much more widespread since installing NCA.

When flying along in sections of the terrain texture keep changing from water, to built up, to desert, estuary mud flats etc. Sometimes nicely rendered other times with stretched textures.I am fully patched up to date as far as I am aware.

Has anyone else come across this?

Matt

Hi Matthew,

the odd texture morphing happens when FSX is looking for a specific landclass ground texture but cannot find it. Either you have (third-party) landclass files at higher display priority in your scenery library menu than the FTX block or there's an issue with your terrain.cfg file.

For the former you can cross-check by temporarily moving the Orbx/FTX block to the top of your scenery library menu (with the FTX Central insertion point tool) and for the latter see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

It's also good practice as a first step when encountering such display issues to re-install the current Orbx libraries and then cycle FTX Central once between different options.

Cheers, Holger

Sadly, I have the same problem which I have been unable to resolve. It is at its worst South of Moorabbin (YMMB FTX ) but occurs elsewhere.I have not included a screen shot as it takes the same form as shown in the original post.

I have taken the following steps:

1. Put the Orbx block temporarily at the top of the Scenery Library. This made it worse.

2.Reinstalled the current Orbx Libraries and cycled between Oceania and Europe.

3.Replaced terrain.cfg with the original from the Orbx work folder. (I noticed there was also a terrain_global cfg file which does not appear in the main FSX folder). Cycled through the regions. No change.

I would be most grateful for any assistance as I am otherwise delighted with the Orbx scenery. I have Rex textures and ASN installed and use DX10 with the fixer. 

Francis Daly

FTX:Australia SP4 FSS0357524 and others

Archived