Uploading screenshots

cyberpilot

Currently I'm uploading FTX screenshots using a site called Tiny Pic ... it seems to take forever ... at least 5 minutes plus per shot.

Does anyone know where/how it can be done a lot more quickly?

Thanks.

Guest J van E

For photo editing I use Photoshop.

For someone who only wants to upload screenshots, FastStone Photo Resizer is a better deal than Photoshop, don't you think? With the money you save you can buy all Orbx-addons (including all upcoming ones) without having to worry about discounts...  ::)

I'm still wondering why you bother with image shack and photobucket and there links and advertising, doesn't your service provider allow you an amount of space for a personal web site? If this is the case host your images there.

Obtaining actual hosting is not as hard nor as expensive as many believe either. there are many Web Hosting providers that will host images cost effectively.

I hear what you say Maurice and you're right but the fact is I just really don't want a website.  I have to have Photoshop anyway for my semi-pro photography (which is now diminishing somewhat) and using ImageXhack I've found is easier to use than any even with the flashing lights and irritating Poker advertising.

John

John you don't have to have a web site  you can set it up to simply be a file repository for your backups and Photos that can be hot linked to forums etc so the images will show.

Yes, I understand Maurice.  I'm sorry, I should have explained.    I have all my images stored in a back up external hard drive in addition to a mammouth 4th hard drive on my computer.  At the end of every month or so, they are then also stored on CD Rom's or DVD's depending on size.  There are many, many GB's worth of images stored in this way and although I haven't investigated, I don't suppose the type of suppository you recommend is limitless in space and frankly, it would almost have to be to serve my requirements.  I'm also not sure that the quality of images stored in this way could be maintained as I suspect they are compressed in which case they couldn't be because pixels would be lost in the compression even if they are TIF's which most of mine are.

Apart from all that I still wouldn't use them.  I simply don't trust them.  Somthing only has to go wrong and I could lose the lot and many years of work goes down the drain.  I don't think so mate.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  It would be fine I think for someone who only wants to store holiday snaps and some flight sim pictures.  I don't know many professional photographers but of those few I do know, none of them, including my son, use that sort of service.

John

Ah John are you wanting to host for forums like this then you will be limited to s certain size and in this case who cares if they are lost should the server far burn down you still have a copy at your place, I'm refering to hosting for Web viewing not archive and as for archive you are far better to put your images into HDD than any other medium as DVD's and CD's burnt at home will fail after about 5 years or so I believe.

I pay 116 Aud for 750 Gb of Web Server Space with 7.5 Tb / Month transfer unlimited email accounts and I =cabn host other sites there as well as my own  with no additional charges.

Your call

besides the BMP's that FSX saves should always be losslessly converted to jpg as it is simply more efficient space wise.

Archived