Unhandled Exception

MrLindy

I installed the global scenery, however during the final stages I received an unhandled exception message related to FTX Central initializtion, I believe.

Prior to this, I installed global on my FSX installation, located on a separate drive.

The scenery seems to be working within P3D okay, but I am concerned some other features may not.  Therefore, I'd like to see if there's a "fix" or workaround for the "unhandled exception," or if it's othing to really be concerned with.

I've attached a screeshot of the message that popped up for your review and expertise.

Many thanks for what looks to be a fine product!

Eric Faber

Order # FSS0397952

Hi Eric, welcome to the forums. While I can't answer your question with 100% certainty I believe you can ignore the warning, I do. I will follow your post with interest as I too would like to know.

PS. Your screen shot is not showing up.

Hi Eric,

IF the unhandled exception is that it can't find "terrain.cfg", then that's perfectly normal - as the guys advise, simply install the Orbxlibs last of all.  The reason for this is that P3D 2.5 moved some file locations, confusing installers created before that, so the Orbxlibs are updated to cope with that and put everything where it should be.

IF it's something else, though, then that would be a different problem!  In which case a screenshot would be very useful.  The way to do  that is described here.

• 1 month later...

I'm in process of reinstalling my P3D. From posts like this I assume I can use my old installers for all Orbx products (by old I mean from a few months ago) and even that I get this terrain.cfg error with most of them (regions, airports) there sould be no problem at all? Just run FTX Central 2 after the install and all is good?

Archived