Water creeping up where land should be

I have almost got this set up so it is nearly flawless and then "wham!", I fly somewhere else and there's a terrain issue! :blink:

I am sure this happens a lot, but I couldn't find the fix in the forum.  I am coming in on final into ILS 250 at PADQ and there is a water wall creeping up towards the runway, maybe 30 vertical feet - right up to the runway.  It levels out once you get away from the runway left or right...etc.  I have also noticed at the foot of some glaciers where the water creeps up on land and folds over the glacier terminus

2015-7-17_16-12-40-944.jpg

Thanks.

Paul

Thanks for taking a look Richard.  I also noticed that the PAVD airport "block" is sunk about 30 feet, and the flight West back to PANC shows vertical cliffs along the ocean where glaciers supposedly terminate at the shore (this is not how it looks) for most of the ocean shoreline you traverse (at 12000' or so).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks Stefan.  But take a closer look at the screenshot.  The water not only comes up flush with the runway, but just out into the water a bit there is a vertical "cliff" of water  that dives down about 30' or so before leveling out at that sunken level. Strange?

Paul

5 hours ago, paulrunge said:

Thanks Stefan.  But take a closer look at the screenshot.  The water not only comes up flush with the runway, but just out into the water a bit there is a vertical "cliff" of water  that dives down about 30' or so before leveling out at that sunken level. Strange?

Paul

The cliff is essentially the end of the airport as FSX defines it. There is a flattening layer applied to all default airports. Sometimes bad airport placement or airports built on a slope in the real world end up this way when they interact with geographically accurate scenery.

The position of the coastline is due to Vector, but the waterfall cliff is all native FSX that needs to be fixed with an addon that replaces the default PADQ.

Archived