Southern Alaska - problem with textures

rafgath

Hi,

During the flight between PAJN and PAKT I've seen wrong textures in few locations. Could someone tell me what is reason of those anomalies. Photo attached below. I have installed FSX + FTX: Global + FTX: Vector + Pilots FS Global 2010 + all American regions + some Airports. Of course North America is active in FTX Central 2.

Thank you

2015-7-4_20-13-0-258.jpg

Hi there,

that area is part of the gap between Orbx Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords meaning you're seeing the Global Vector's shorelines and road network, FTX Global base textures, and the default landclass. Looks like the default landclass files are calling an agricultural class that isn't appropriate for that area.

You can fill that gap with FSAddon's Tongass Fjords X package (PFJ and SAK are designed to be compatible with it); alternatively, Flight1's Ultimate Alaska X (less detail but larger coverage area) might improve on that location as well.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger for your explanation. I'm not going to buy any other FS addons since I'm waiting patiently for openLC for America. I did the flight once again and those anomalies occur only in those 2 places marked up by me in picture. Maybe some small patch could resolve the problem.

Regards

Holger is being modest here ;) - Tongass Fjords was one of his projects before he developed Orbx sceneries, and is of excellent quality.  While OLC NA will be a big improvement over default, it's not going to be of full-fat region standard, whereas Tongass Fjords is of that type of quality.  I can heartily recommend it!

jabble - Tongass Fjords looks great but I fly over Alaska only from time to time so there is no point for me buying a new addon for 35 euros only to correct few wrong textures what a small patch should does.

Hi there,

you'd have to make that patch yourself though as the location isn't covered by any product of ours that includes landclass. As explained it's an area where the default landclass is active. SBuilderX, available at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/ground2k4-sbuilder-sbuilderx.33/, is a great freeware tool for placing landclass.

Cheers, Holger

Archived