Missing Surf and wave action

Csneddy

HI Everyone

i've noticed following a fresh installation of FSX the other day (new hard disk) the following the installation of FTX EU england . wave action and surf have stopped.

I also use REX + overdrive, yes applied a some textures and wave animation to see if that would help but it does not.

anyone any ideas on why the surf and wave action no just looks like a flat picture in FSX even with everything crancked up MAX on my I7 ?

thanks craig 

If I may, as I have FSX:SE along with REX + Overdrive.  I don't have the problem you are pointing out and at first glance, you may want to back your water slider down to no higher than High 2x, as was recommended by others around the net.  Having your sliders, in general, maxed out can actually cause more issues.  If you read over a lot of the FTX manuals, they even state that all maxed out sliders can cause issues with terrain, and the water slider can cause problems if it is maxed out.  Try backing down your settings (In the Scenery Tab) to something like this:

Scenery:

LOD: large

Mesh Com: 100

Mesh Re:s 5

Texture Res: 7

Water: High 2x

Scene complexity: Extreme

Autogen: Extreme

Special Effect: High

Your mileage may vary, but it's all about finding that sweet spot for your particular setup.  When you say "i7", what model?  My specs show an i7-4790k (o'clocked) on a laptop, but surprisingly, the settings I have going in FSX actually work out well.

-Jim

Archived