Piper Cheyenne 2.0 Release Candidate

sangsom

Ah man, it's beautiful.  Just BEAUTIFUL.  This add-ons is the 'FTX' of aircraft addons.

All the AP features now work beautifully with the FS default assignment offsets (meaning you can map them to your Go-Flights, etc, or even just the keyboard). 

I don't know if it was part of the update scope, but the performance seems MUCH better here - excellent frame rates and super smooth.

The VC is just to die for - I've said it before about other add-ons but for me, this Cheyenne is THE best aircraft add-on in any version of FS.  Immersion, flight modelling, sound, views, eye candy, it just has it all.

I bought the RealAir Duke yesterday and it's nice but it is a lot heavy of FPS than any previous RealAir add-on (on my system at least), and there are some disappointing areas; the AP can't be mapped to any FS assignments.  In short, it's one of those add-ons that has been built only with using the mouse in mind... thats it's biggest let down for me.  BUT ........ it is still quite nice to fly and the Sounds are VERY, VERY good.    I guess we expect a lot from RealAir, and I feel the Duke could use a patch/early update in a couple of areas.

It's nice but it is not in the same league as the Digital Aviation Cheyenne!

;D

Thanks guys! I guess this was the last seal of approval I needed.

So now I have my twin IFR tourer nailed. Now, just need to nail down my trusty vfr tourer and I will be ready to go at the same time my system is built and my FTX DVD arrives here in the Great White North.

Still deciding between either the Carenado 172N or 182Q. I am a bit partial to the 182, since I logged so many virtual hours in ther 182RG in FS9.

Then it will be the C130 X (of course!!) and the Flight 1 PC-12 to wrap things up.

With those four babies, I will be ready for everything.

@ David Rogers

RealAir ist working on a update for the Duke, with support for Elite and GoFlight Modules, and some other input improvements.

Here is a small snipped from the RealAir Homepage:

We are currently working on a free update for the Duke that will add the following functionality:

• Support for the RealityXP GNS 530 and/or GNS 430.

• Support for advanced input devices such as the GoFlight and Elite avionics panels.

• Some minor updates to mouse and keyboard input functionality.

Sounds great to me  :)

Kind regards

Christian

Fantastic!  Thanks for the update Christian, that is excellent news.

I was probably overly harsh about the Duke - it really is a winner, just needs a couple of snags addressed, but the core package is really nice. External model, cabin, etc, are beautiful, and again, the sound is wow!

Herfan - the Carenado 172N is a long way ahead of their 182Q in the development cycle.  The VC is the 172N is far, far superior to that in the 182 in my honest opinion.  I'd highly recommend the 152 (if you fancy a real low and slow VFR tourer!), or the 172N. The Carenado 182 is nice, but the VC texturing is a lot closer to FS9 that to FSX, certainly compared to the stunning texturing Carenado are now turing out in the 152, 172 and Arrow.

Thanks David! Exactly the type of info I was looking for.

In this FS "renaissance" for me, I will be spending my add-on $$ WISELY, and not stacking the hangar with a bunch of planes I rarely use. Just reviewing my old FS9 logbooks, and it jumps out that I was frequently flying only 2-3 planes.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit.

Only one drawback - this exceptionally good aircraft is not fully compatible with REX - apparently still not fixed in 2.0 of either product.

???  I use REX and the Piper Cheyenne 2.0 with no issues at all, what is incompatible  ???

Only one drawback - this exceptionally good aircraft is not fully compatible with REX - apparently still not fixed in 2.0 of either product.

???  I use REX and the Piper Cheyenne 2.0 with no issues at all, what is incompatible  ???

I think using the REX weather engine - if my memory serves me correctly.... ???

Archived