EGPB Sumburgh Terrain issues

Scott Harmes

Hi,

I recently purchased EGPB Sumburgh, and just installed it yesterday, and I seem to have an issue with a large block of land where there should be water surrounding the island.

A few notes I should make about my installation:

- I do not have FTX Scotland installed, although I do have FTX England and Wales (and Norway, but it's not yet installed), and I set FTX Central to Europe before installing Sumburgh.

- I also installed Horizon/Playsims Orkney and Shetland Isles yesterday before I installed Sumburgh.  I have turned the two EGPB Airport bgls  from that installation to off.

- I do have FTX Global Base and the Iceland demo, but don't have OLC Europe or Vector.

- I have tried disabling the Global entries in the scenery.cfg (ORBX!OPENLC_BASE, ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1, ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9, ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8, 

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1.  The problem still appeared.

Here are a couple of pics showing the issue:

2015-6-20_22-35-55-371.jpg

2015-6-20_22-36-34-653.jpg

I couldn't find anyone with this exact issue, so it must be something in my installation, but does anyone know what the problem could be?

Cheers

I have just done some experimenting, and I disabled all of the flattens and exclude files in the EGPB Folder, and that fixed the issue.  So for some reason one of the flattens or exclusion files seems to be causing this.

Thanks for your input Voyager, but I use photo scenery for Scotland, so have no plans to install FTX Scotland.  I didn't think installing this airport would cause any issues, as it should be blending water in to water.

Cheers,

I have now narrowed my problem down to one file : cvx_ORBX_EGPB_EXCLUDES.bgl.

I turned this off and the scenery now appears as normal.  I'm not sure if this will cause any other issues, but it looks OK at first glance.

Cheers,

Archived