KMRY WOn't load

gwplotts

I installed KMRY and it gets to 81% and stops. I can fly into the airport, but cannot position myself at the airport from the FSX go to menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

KMRY order# FSS0390072

G'day Jerry, 

A couple of things to try: 

1. Make sure you have the latest ORBXlibs installed if you haven't already. 

2. If you run any AI, try temporarily disabling this and see if it solves the issue. 

3. Go to your Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KMRY/Scenery folder, find the file Westsim_KMRZ_APX.bgl and rename it to Westsim_KMRZ_APX.OFF.

Let me know how you go with these.

Cheers,

Jarrad

It's working great now. I'd like to know (for my own curiosity) what that particular file does, and why it would cause the loading to stop. Thanks for the extremely rapid help! You guys are the greatest!

G'day Jerry, 

The sole use of that file is to make the secondary runway available for AI/ATC use - without it all aircraft (including your own) will be directed to the primary runway only. Aside from this, there will not be any visual impediments to the scenery. It's hard to say exactly what may be the cause of your specific problem, there have been another couple of users who have reported similar problems when running Monterey with some third-party navigation software - disabling this file resolved the issue for them too. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Good morning Jarrad. Well, I thought it was fixed. Yesterday, it loaded to 100% with no problem, today I fired it up, and now it's stuck at 71% "loading auto-generated scenery" and won't go any further no matter what. The only way out is to use the task manager and force it to stop. This is really crazy. It almost makes me want to disable the scenery all together. Again, your help is appreciated in this vexing matter.

Addtional: I found out that I was renaming the wrong file, got the right one now turned off, but on loading the prgrogess bars gets to 70% or so and the sim crashes or freezes. I wa renaming Westsim_KMRY_APX to Westsim_KMRY_APX.off.

Latest ORBX libraries are installed, no external AI, I even turned off FSX AI.

I'm attempting another load as I write this an no crash, but stuck at 71%

Good morning Jarrad. Well, I thought it was fixed. Yesterday, it loaded to 100% with no problem, today I fired it up, and now it's stuck at 71% "loading auto-generated scenery" and won't go any further no matter what. The only way out is to use the task manager and force it to stop. This is really crazy. It almost makes me want to disable the scenery all together and write it off as money wasted. I don't have this problem with any other airport. 

Again, your help is appreciated in this vexing matter.

Additional Note: I found out that I was renaming the wrong file, got the right one now turned off, but on loading the progress bar gets to 70% or so and the sim crashes or freezes. I was renaming Westsim_KMRY_APX to Westsim_KMRY_APX.off.

Latest ORBX libraries are installed, no external AI, I even turned off FSX AI. All of this has not been successful.

I'm attempting another load as I write this and no crash, but stuck at 71%

==============

My flight deck page here:

http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Hi gwplotts,

Well, your "installation" seems to be a bit "mix up", but do not take this offense, I could be wrong. So I'll make a suggestion, it may work: delete all contents on this folder

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

FSX will rebuild it. The hope is that indexes are corrupt!

Cheers,

G'day again Jerry,

No worries, a couple of more things to try:

1. Turn off completely your autogen in your FSX settings, and try starting a flight at KMRY. Is it still hanging on the load screen?

2. Do you run My Traffic by any chance? If so, have a read here. 

3. If you run AI traffic, try disabling all AI and see if you still get the hung load screen. 

4. If these fail, try one of my initial suggestions (if you didn't previously) - download and install the latest ORBXlibs. In addition to this, run FTX Central 2, select North America region grouping (even if it is currently active), and select "apply". This will refresh the autogendescriptions file with the latest version for you. 

Lastly, just checking that you have our Northern California region installed too?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Exited from flight sim after sitting at KMRY for about an hour. Started back up, and tried to go to KMRY from my default airport. No Joy! Stuck at 71% then crashed. Getting really frustrated now! Should  I do a re-install of FSX or not?

1. Turn off completely your autogen in your FSX settings, and try starting a flight at KMRY. Is it still hanging on the load screen? Seems to load ok with auto gen off. Turned auto gen to sparse and it hangs at 71% With auto gen at Dense and North America applied hangs at 81%

2. Do you run My Traffic by any chance? If so, have a read here.  No

3. If you run AI traffic, try disabling all AI and see if you still get the hung load screen. Tried this, no luck

4. If these fail, try one of my initial suggestions (if you didn't previously) - download and install the latest ORBXlibs. In addition to this, run FTX Central 2, select North America region grouping (even if it is currently active), and select "apply". This will refresh the autogendescriptions file with the latest version for you. Latest Lib  file installed. Set to North America and applied:  No change, still hangs at 71%

Lastly, just checking that you have our Northern California region installed too? yes, and ran the NCA SP1

I did a full re-install of FSX. Basically 2 days of not flying for this process, and still no luck. Trayin to "goto" KMRY causes the simm to stop loading at 71% or a Crash to desktop. I've tried adjusting autogen in the KMRY control panel, and FTX central, all to no avial. Please help!

G'day Jerry, I've merged your new topic on the same issue into your original one so as to not cause confusion and duplication in responses. 

1. Turn off completely your autogen in your FSX settings, and try starting a flight at KMRY. Is it still hanging on the load screen? Seems to load ok with auto gen off. Turned auto gen to sparse and it hangs at 71% With auto gen at Dense and North America applied hangs at 81%

Lastly, just checking that you have our Northern California region installed too? yes, and ran the NCA SP1

I did a full re-install of FSX. Basically 2 days of not flying for this process, and still no luck. Trayin to "goto" KMRY causes the simm to stop loading at 71% or a Crash to desktop. I've tried adjusting autogen in the KMRY control panel, and FTX central, all to no avial. Please help!

So, prior to your re-install, you could definitely get past the crash by having all autogen switched off? This would indicate something is likely broken with the autogen files, most likely at the source level (any of the files residing in your FSX/autogen folder). The fact that you are getting the same problem even after a re-install of FSX indicates that either 1) the uninstall didn't remove the problematic files or 2) whatever has been causing the problem with the autogen was re-introduced following the re-install. When you uninstalled FSX, did you solely run the uninstaller, or did you manually check the FSX folder location to ensure everything was deleted? I ask as if a core FSX file was modified from the original release file, then I have found in my own experience that the uninstaller won't remove it. Conversely, after installing a clean FSX, what addons aside from KMRY, Northern California and the ORBXlibs did you install? 

So, if you can currently load KMRY without crashes when autogen is switched off, could you please go to your Flight Simulator X/autogen folder and confirm the file size and last modified date of the following files:

AutogenDescriptions.sbp

RoofDescriptions.sbp

Materials.spb

Extrusions.spb

default.xml

In addition, could you please take a couple of screenshots of Monterey (without autogen switched on) - instructions on how to do so can be found here.

Lastly, which version of FSX are you running? FSX, FSX + Acceleration or FSX Steam Edition? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

2015-6-21_15-21-41-417_zpsncrkcfdf.jpg

2015-6-21_15-28-27-515_zpsgjgkql5z.jpg

AutogenDescriptions.sbp:1005KB 9/25/2013

RoofDescriptions.sbp: 87KB 11/14/2012

Materials.spb: 67KB 9/9/2013

Extrusions.spb: 164KB 8/8/2013

default.xml 22,079 KB 7/30/2013

In addition, could you please take a couple of screenshots of Monterey (without autogen switched on) - instructions on how to do so can be found here.

Lastly, which version of FSX are you running? FSX, FSX + Acceleration or FSX Steam Edition? FSX acceleration

Followup: I backed up the autogen folder, and copied the same folder from another install of FSX that I had on my laptop, and KMRY appears to load ok now with this setup. The only difference that I can see (oather tha some differences in file sizes) is there is a autogendescriptions.xml file that is 9/8/2008 and 1,458 kb

More followup. I adjusted my texture max load back to 2048, set the same in fsx.cfg, and turned on all options in KMRY control panel. Everything loaded with out  a problem. I'll continue to try more options over the next few days, but for now all looks good.

AutogenDescriptions.sbp:1005KB 9/25/2013

RoofDescriptions.sbp: 87KB 11/14/2012

Materials.spb: 67KB 9/9/2013

Extrusions.spb: 164KB 8/8/2013

default.xml 22,079 KB 7/30/2013

Followup: I backed up the autogen folder, and copied the same folder from another install of FSX that I had on my laptop, and KMRY appears to load ok now with this setup. The only difference that I can see (oather tha some differences in file sizes) is there is a autogendescriptions.xml file that is 9/8/2008 and 1,458 kb

G'day Jerry,

Those files look like they are the culprit; the date stamps indicate that they are all old versions that need to be updated. Download the latest ORBXlibs again and re-install it - rather than using the auto-update in FTX Central (if that was the method you were previously using), go and download the full ORBXlibs installer from here. Don't forget to re-apply the North American region in FTX Central after running the ORBXlibs to activate the latest autogen updates, and you should be all set to go. Lastly, also don't forget the rule of thumb - any time you install/re-install an ORBX product, you should re-install the ORBXlibs after installing said product(s). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I loaded into KMRY first thing this morning with no problem. After installing a couple more airports, i reran the library file, AEC and now bak to the 72% mark at KMRY. I am totally lost as to waht to do any more

G'day Jerry,

When you say 

I loaded into KMRY first thing this morning with no problem. 

did you have it running after fine this morning with the latest ORBXlibs installed and agn enabled? Or was it running fine only with the backup autogen folder from your other laptop? Because your old backup autogen folder (with the 2008 autogendescriptions.sbp etc), whilst it may seem to be fixing the KMRY crash, it will in fact be removing most core ORBX autogen components for all our products by using an old version of the files.

Cheers,

This morningI installed the Orbx lib 3 times at least. Still no luck getting gback in. The success was with the library from my other flight computer (Which has no problem going to KMRY). At this point I'm not sure what to do to recover. I really don't want to do another full install of FSX.

Yesterday morning I installed the Orbx lib 3 times at least. Still no luck getting gback in. The success was with the autogen files from my other flight computer (Which has no problem going to KMRY). At this point I'm not sure what to do to recover. I really don't want to do another full install of FSX.

This morning I reinstalled Global, thinking that may help. Nope, still the same. Stuck at 72% on the load. When I place my mouse over the FSX icon on the task bar (after about a minute of watching the progress bar sit at 72%), the sim crashes with "unexpected error". This of course happens to no other airport (That I know of) except  KMRY. So for fight now if I want to do a flight out of KMRY, I go KSNS and fly into KMRY and then do the flight. What a crazy work around.

G'day again Jerry,

Global, Vector etc shouldn't be a cause of the crash, so I wouldn't worry about making any changes to them. As far as I can deduce, the problem is related to your autogen updates in the Flight Simulator X/autogen folder, any changes of which are controlled via the ORBXlibs and FTX Central (which enables changes to the files every time you cycle a region). 

I'll just clarify again - even though it is stopping the crash at KMRY, replacing your autogen folder with an old (2008) version from your laptop will kill the majority of autogen in every ORBX product you have installed. 

Can you please confirm for me that the "date modified" for the following files in your Flight Simulator X/autogen folder correlate with mine:

AutogenFolder_June2015.jpg

If they don't match, then the latest ORBXlibs haven't been installed correctly and/or the region not applied correctly in FTX Central, and at this point that is the sole issue we need to fix up for you. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

As I said I installed the Library file from it's own executable, instead of FTX central as you advised. Did that at least 3 times yesterday.  I captured these screens this morning to aid in troubleshooting. I'll put some narrative after each.

FTX%20Central_zpsnvfxhncd.jpg

This one has me confused. As i installed products, the old FTX central was opening instead of FTX Central 2. You can see the file locations for each of these in the title bar. I wonder if that could be a problem? As you can see FSX in installed in C:\Microsoft Flightsimulator x instead of the usual program files (x86) If I browse to the fsx\orbx folder I see this, but opening file location on the ftx central icon takes me to appdata\ORBX.

Autogen_zpsunemnn2t.jpg

This is the autogen folder. Two files in mine is not in yours the autogendescriptions.xml and roofdescriptions.xml. When I take these out KMRY won't load at all.

I can't see how the updates of the library are not getting to the right place, and I know I'm taking up a lot of your time troubleshooting this problem, but being an IT guy for over 20 years (Now retired) this stuff just won't let me sleep until I figure it out.

Thanks again for all you're doing

Jerry

G'day Jerry,

Thanks for those shots - that's great. It looks like you have your Autogen up-to-date (which I needed to confirm as some of your prior comments indicated this may not have been the case), and for the moment we can rule this out. Also, you are correct in assuming that you need to keep those extra .xml files in your autogen folder - they will indeed cause problems if they are removed. 

Just to clarify a query you have regarding FTX Central V1 and other products:

This one has me confused. As i installed products, the old FTX central was opening instead of FTX Central 2. You can see the file locations for each of these in the title bar. I wonder if that could be a problem? As you can see FSX in installed in C:\Microsoft Flightsimulator x instead of the usual program files (x86) If I browse to the fsx\orbx folder I see this, but opening file location on the ftx central icon takes me to appdata\ORBX.

Many of our older products included the then-latest ORBXlibs with the installers for their time of release - so for instance if you have installed Anacortes 74S (for example), this would also install the ORBXlibs from October 2011, which as part of it's process would automatically open up the old FTX-Central at the end. You should ignore any opening of the old FTX Central, and go back (as annoying as it is) and re-install the current ORBXlibs, and cycle the region from FTX-Central V2. This legacy carry-over from older products is one of the several reasons why we are fastidious with the mantra - install the latest ORBXlibs after any product installation. 

Now, since we can happily assume that the autogen is now all up-to-date, the next item to look at is potential clashes. What other non-ORBX products do you have installed on your system? Aside from scenery products, do you run any AI programs (I know I already asked about My Traffic), or Navigation-style products? A good way to test for any conflicts is to go to your FSX scenery library, and untick every scenery entry except for a the following entries:

- All default entries

- FTX_AA_KMRY

- FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY

- FTX_NA_NCA06_CVX

- FTX_NA_NCA07_MESH

- FTX_NA_NCA08_CUSTOM

- FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

This includes temporarily disabling all other ORBX entries (including vector etc), as these are not required to run KMRY. Also, if you do run any other AI programs, be sure to check at the bottom of the scenery library list (even possibly below the default entries), as they sometimes add AI-plumbing files to the bottom of the list - exactly the type of plumbing files that can (and do) cause clashes with addon airports. 

Let me know how you go with these suggestions, and until you fix the KMRY problem, I'd suggest not introducing any more new addons, as this may potentially just cause more problems than the one you are experiencing. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

That worked. I'm now adding orbx areas and airports back in one at a time to see if I can find the culprit. Well, that didn't take long. My guess at this point is the freeware scenery, Return to Misty Mooring. I rest some more in the morning. If I do too much at once, I start to lose track of where I am. I'm feeling good about this solution so far. Thanks Jarrad

Good morning Jarad,

After some testing this morning, I definitely concluded it was the Return to Misty Mooring scenery that was causing the conflict at KMRY. Why, I don't know as the two scenery areas are a thousand miles apart. But in any case, now that I know what the problem is, I can try to resolve that issue.

I really appreciate all of your assistance in helping solve my dilemma. You guys are the best! I continue to be a strong supporter of ORBX and believe me when I say, "I wouldn't fly without it!"

Cheers -

Jerry

==============

Visit my flightdeck here: http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Archived