How to uninstal FSX & Orbx in prep for installing FSX SE

Hi all.

I have FSX acceleration box version installed, FTX Central 2 and PNW installed with a few airports.  ( I don't have Global or Vector installed).

The steam version is back on 80% discount and I want to switch to that to get a more stable online flight with my father.

My quesiton is, what is the correct way to uninstall the Orbx screnery?  Is there are guide somewhere?  I read that if there is a trace of Orbx or FSX in your drive or in the registry, it won't install smoothly afterwards.

Since PNW is the main Orbx software to remove, my order number for that is FSS0072076.

Thanks

Iain

Hi there,

here's a guide from our FAQ to uninstall all Orbx products: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

We're not adding registry entries of our own. The issue is that the boxed version of FSX does that and those need to be removed prior to installing the Steam version otherwise the FSX Steam registry entries will be different and thus "block" our installers. There are a couple of pinned threads at the top of this subforum that will provide further advice on how to check that all registry entries have been removed.

Cheers, Holger

Archived