GLOBAL BASE INSTALLATION

I DL FROM CDN 1 AND 2 BECAUSE I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS CORRUPTEED FROM 1.  BUT GETTING SAME ISSUE.  AFTER READING FORUM INFO, STILL GETTING SAME ISSUE.  THIS IS THE ISSUE.  I CAN NOT INSTALL GLOBAL BASE.  WHEN I RUN THE UNWRAPPER IT TAKES ABOUT A HALF HOUR AND THEN THE INSTALL PROGRAM STARTS.  I WAIT ANOTHER HALF HOUR FOR THE FILES TO CACHE EVEN THOUGH THE FORUM SAYS WAIT TWO MINUTES.  WHEN I RUN THE INSTALLER IT RUNS FOR LESS THEN A MINUTE AND IT SAYS INSERT DISK TWO.  I HAVE BROWSED TO THE FOLDER WHERE THEY ARE STORED AND CLICKED ON EACH UNZIPPED FILE AND EVERY TIME IT SAYS ITS THE WRONG DISK.  WHAT CAN I DO NEXT.  I'M PULLING AT MY HAIR NOW......I HAVE TRIED THIS AT LEAST 10 TIMES NOW AND NOTHING DIFFERENT HAPPENS.  IT KEEPS SAYING INSERT DISK TWO!

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

Can you please refrain from typing in all-caps as it's much harder to read.

As for the disk-2 issue please see https://flightsimstore.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/691618-orbx-why-am-i-asked-to-insert-another-disk-

Also, it usually helps to temporarily deactivate virus and malwarse scanners when unwrapping & installing add-ons with thousands of individual files, like Global Base.

Last but not least don't forget to install and download the current Orbx Libraries as your final step: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

First of all don´t use capital letters, you are shouting!!! Go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp and delete all files in that folder. Some of them might not be possible to delete, but that is ok. You are probably running out of space on your C-drive. IF you can delete anything on the C-drive, do that. After that, try again.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Sorry for the shout.  Never knew of that.  Anyway, figured it out.  Not really, I don't really know what I did but I at some point right clicked on the exec file and it said "open".  I did.  It then made another exec file with FSS in the box.  I ran that one and it worked perfectly.  For some reason it didn't want to run from the winzip exec file.  Don't know why.

May I ask another question here as well.  How can I turn off the street lights.  I did install them as the second step but I don't like them.  How can I get rid of them.  I am considering uninstalling the whole thing and reinstalling but that seems like the long way around a short walk to me.  Thanks so much for responses by the way.  Much appreciated.

OH, I don't have the "vector" lights checked in the start up box but the lights still appear in the sim.  I did check it at first and it seemed to be a lot of lights.  Now looks like not so many but still to much.

Archived