Installing FTX Norway in FSX Steam EDition

I have had a lot of trouble with this instalation. Some of it may be my own fault as I had the boxed version running alongside the SE. I have uninstalled the boxed version and are now trying to get FTX Norway scenery to work with SE. When I run the exe file the installation stops and I get the picture I have attatced:

post-57923-0-21875300-1434401840_thumb.j

(the picture appeare so small, but it seems like you can click on it to pop up in a new window. Sorry first time on this forum) 

I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere in this forum. I have tried, but have not been able to find something that cover this.

Best regards,

Martin

Welcome,

For the installers to work properly, you need both the registry entry to be correct and

the external folders to be named FSX and not FSX-SE, as they probably are at the moment.

If you follow the advice in this topic, you will need to read it all,

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97831-new-to-orbx-ftx-global-installation/

you should be able to put FSX Steam into a state where the installers will work.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have followed your recommendations. I still get the same errormessage. In addition FSX has started to crash. When I start a new flight it starts loading scenery etc at about 60% and chrashes when it reaches 100%

Best regards

Martin Eidhammer 

The advice given assumes that you have a 64 bit version of at least Windows 7.

Please run the registry tool again and post what it reports as your installation's location

and also what the actual location is.

It might also be useful if you can post the error message generated by Windows when

FSX crashes.

You need to ensure that there are only FSX folders in the three locations outside your

FSX Steam installation.

Finally, you could try deleting the fsx.cfg file and allowing FSX to build a fresh one.

Archived