Sequim to Siletz

CBris

I took it on me to "try" two of the new installs today.

Starting with BoB at Sequim I meandered around the area before setting my plane (A2A's Piper Cherokee). After taking off I headed east and started to have odd behaviour in my little stubby winged Piper - the plane was wagging itself all over the sky. But rather than my usual habit of changing planes in flight, I decided to land at Diamond point and read the book (Oh yes, I am guilty of needing to RTFM...) but would the other aircraft in circuit give way? Is there even any FSX command that allows you to pan, pan, pan or even mayday? So I just barrelled in and oh sh...ugar! Deadstick on finals. Oooerr missus!

Landed and used the last roll to park off the runway. Declared "Clear of Runway" - opened manual and googled for yawing Cherokees.

Aha! mixture needs attention - both on the ground and in flight. Somewhat different procedures to other planes, but hey, that's what RTFM is all about. Maintenance panel open, change spark plugs and start up again, this time running lean on ground, riching up doing mag drops, whatever...

Take off and continue en-route. Directly overhead Olympia and on to Asoria, hang a left and follow the coast down. Wind was from the north, so flying along the coast was a good lead in to a left circuit and a nice landing at Siletz Bay followed by som BOBing around. DARN! That Rottweiler looks sort of mean. A dog with an attitude. Hey!!! I've seen that kid on the bike in an Aerosoft product (Island hopping) haven't I?

A good four hours spent this afternoon. So why the long story? You guys at OrbX have done one heck of a grand job on the scenery and the immersion was so much fun, I didn't even feel like skipping ahead or swapping planes in flight. I have now got the PNW scenery, all the addon airfields, Global base and vector and you have done such a grand job, that my FPS was high all the way, even passing through the Friday Harbour / Bremerton / Seatac area.

Thanks guys for the work you have put in!

Now for an afterthought: wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to exit your plane, enter BOB and still have your aircraft visible?

Keep up the good work!

I took a few, but there was even sometimes too much excitement to screenie the first part of the flight. I was wobbling all over the sky, panicking about nearest viable landing opportunities, wondering what the heck was going on...

I know this isn't a screenshot part of the forum either, but here's two anyway...

siletz_3.jpg

siletz_4.jpg

Thanks. That's exactly what I meant about the immersiveness of flying an A2A plane over OrbX sceneries. Especially the Pacific Northwest - even though I have never been there for real.

Very much indeed! 'd have every single addon, but that would leave me with nothing to look forward to... I am very happy with PacNW, NRM and Fjords for now - I have all the addins to PacNW and just 5 to go for the others, although we Misty Mooringers have a whole lot of fun places already.

Archived