Problems with Pago Pago

Michael_A

Hello.

I just purchased Pago Pago from the FSS. When I installed it, everything was fine, and there were no errors. I opened up FSX at NTSU and everything worked :).  When I went to HI36, I spawned in the jungle...

image.png

I then went to FAQ Fituita and this happened:

Tau_Help.png

2 out of the 4 airports in American Samoa work. When I load into Samoa, I can't tell if the airports work properly.  Is Samoa not covered in Photoreal? Here is Fagali:

Help_fitiuia.png

This is very frustrating for me as I have tried to reinstall FSX and NTSU several times.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

FSS0391645

Hello Michael,

1. HI36 - Tau Airport isn´t active anymore. it was replaced by Fitiuta Airport. so what you see in your first pic is quite like the reality.

2. If you have FTX Vector installed try to run the AEC-Tool - that might solve your elevation problem at FAQ.

3. No, (western) samoa isn´t photoreal but has updated landclass.

Hello Michael,

1. HI36 - Tau Airport isn´t active anymore. it was replaced by Fitiuta Airport. so what you see in your first pic is quite like the reality.

2. If you have FTX Vector installed try to run the AEC-Tool - that might solve your elevation problem at FAQ.

3. No, (western) samoa isn´t photoreal but has updated landclass.

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, I will try to run the AEC Tool.  I will let you know if this works!

Regards, 

Michael

Thanks Ryan for helping to resolve this!

Allow me to fill in with a little history I was able to uncover about HI36

Hi36(TAV) -Tau Airport: was a 661 x 30 m private airstrip made of compacted coral, dirt and grass, it existed up until the very early 90s, it was a busy little airport in its day, being a tricky location it had 3 accidents during its time:

1979 - Twinotter - Heavy landing caused plane to slide and crash into the trees. all OK

1984 - Twinotter - Elevator control cable snapped on final, causing the nose to rise suddenly, pilot steered it in using throttle and flap control, but ultimately collided with the terminal building and a vehicle. 1 fatality

1989 - Twinotter - Descended fast on final approach. Application of full power couldn't prevent the aircraft from impacting the ground short of the runway. all OK

Then sometime around 1993>> ish, the larger FAQ-Fitiuta Airport was built to replace it and is seen in our rendition of the Manu'a islands, Tau Airport was left to melt into the bush so we modeled it just the way it currently is

Apart from that info, I/we know absolutely nothing else about HI36, could not even find a single picture...!

Little piccy below from GE showing the approx location and orientation

BtEoIDM.jpg

Archived