Pago Pago - Swains Island - Does it Exist in the Scenery

fltsimguy

According to Google Earth it's 175 nm, 18° true bearing from NSFA Faleolo. So go there, tune in VOR FA 113.9 and put in the 6° radial (18° true minus 12° magnetic variation) and fly the 6° radial due north. After 175 nm you should be over Swains Is.

If you wanna land there bring your own pontons ;)

GPS jockeys, heh! :D

According to Google Earth it's 175 nm, 18° true bearing from NSFA Faleolo. So go there, tune in VOR FA 113.9 and put in the 6° radial (18° true minus 12° magnetic variation) and fly the 6° radial due north. After 175 nm you should be over Swains Is.

If you wanna land there bring your own pontons ;)

GPS jockeys, heh! :D

Well, I did the trip with the Duke and there already is a pontoon there, with a man and, I think, a dog (I did two low passes at 140 kts, so I'm not sure).

The guy has a debatable taste for clothing, you can't miss him. His name is Jennings. He has a small boat (how did the boat come ? dropped by parachute, I reckon, as the lagoon does not seem to have an entrance channel). 

The whole islet is quite nicely done BUT 175 nm to go and 175 nm to come back, over the Pacific. I may not go there every day :lol: !

Archived