Some airports do not show up in AEC lists

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search on the forum but didn't really find a solution.

It seems that some airports do on show up on the Airport Elevation Corrections lists. A prime example would be PASI. Which is used for the Sitka Approach mission in FSX.

There appears to be some issues with the airport, as there is like a mini waterfall by the side of the runway. Not entirely sure when this issue came up but it was there before I installed Southern Alaska, and even after.

Is there a reason it doesn't show up on the list? Is there any way to add it in there?

Cheers!

Hi there,

the AEC tool only lists those airports whose elevations are actually changed by Vector, and PASI isn't one of them meaning it remains at default altitude.

Also see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80687-vector-elevation-tool-not-working/?p=742012

It's possible that the more accurate shorelines provided by Vector expose any incorrect placement of the default airports and their terrain flattens, particularly near waterbodies. Those cases would require manual adjustments of the default airport files or a third-party add-on that accurately models that particular airport.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

the AEC tool only lists those airports whose elevations are actually changed by Vector, and PASI isn't one of them meaning it remains at default altitude.

Also see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80687-vector-elevation-tool-not-working/?p=742012

It's possible that the more accurate shorelines provided by Vector expose any incorrect placement of the default airports and their terrain flattens, particularly near waterbodies. Those cases would require manual adjustments of the default airport files or a third-party add-on that accurately models that particular airport.

Cheers, Holger

Ok I think I get how AEC works now. Thanks for that Holger!

While we're on the topic though let me ask you one more question, what do you use to do manual adjustments to the default airports? Does ADE suffice? As I'm sure this is an elevation issue and not anything else. I'm not able to give you a screenshot at the moment as I am not home, but it's like there is a step in the water just next to the runway.

Hi there,

yes, ADE would suffice. You'll need to start with an exclude polygon (tag "Airport Background") to get rid of the default (or Vector) flatten and then draw your own as needed. As long as the compiled file pair sits at higher display priority than the Vector entries the new flatten and other data will be used by the sim.

Cheers, Holger

Archived