P3D2: airport scenery visible through aircraft

Tyrion

Dear support staff...

I've only recently made the jump to P3D2, and I'm far from settled in that new environment.

But I've encountered an issue with 2 airports I bought in the last sale.

The problem is the following:

Certain sections of runway or taxiways are visible through the aircraft.

Like the aircraft is hidden behind the scenery.

I'll post some screenshots to illustrate.

The problem is independent of altitude and distance, happening both landed at the airport, or overflying it at FL200.

I have confirmed the problem to exist at NZQN and YBRM (both acquired in last week, and up-to-date according to FTX Central 2)

The problem doesn't appear to happen at: YMML, YMAV, YSCH, YBTH (those are the ones I tested).

It also doesn't happen at a non-orbx airport.

Some extra information:

P3D2 Academic version 2.5.12944.0

My system:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4x3.3GHz (stock speed)
8GB DDR3 RAM
MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G
Windows 7 64 bit

FSS order numbers in my signature.

I've tried searching for this problem, but I haven't turned up anything with the search parameters I was using.

I hope you can help me...

Thanks

problemP3D_1.jpg
problemP3D_2.jpg
problemP3D_3.jpg

Hi,

Be sure to use the latest version of P3D (2.5.12945.0) which has a big gap comparing to 2.5.12944.0. Also install latest ORBXlibs

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

I was not aware of the latest patch for P3D. Unfortunately, installing it made no difference.

Things I tried since posting my initial question:

- Disable and enable Oceania in FTX Central 2.

- Update Nvidia drivers

- Update P3D2 to 2.5.12945.0

- (re)install latest orbxlibs

Unfortunately, none of these steps proved to be the solution.

Have you tried deleting your shader cache and letting P3D rebuild it? Go to "c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\" and delete the "Shaders" folder, it will be rebuilt on the next run (the screen will be black for a moment as P3D recompiles the shaders, nothing to be alarmed about ;)).

HTH,

Tym

Have you tried deleting your shader cache and letting P3D rebuild it? Go to "c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\" and delete the "Shaders" folder, it will be rebuilt on the next run (the screen will be black for a moment as P3D recompiles the shaders, nothing to be alarmed about ;)).

HTH,

Tym

Thanks for the suggestion Tym.

Unfortunately, no difference. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tyrion,

Check in FTX Central 2:

<SETTINGS><TOOLS><Library Insertion Points><FTX>

Orange <FTX> must be above the entrance <ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1>

If, anyway, apply <SAVE changes>

Then, in the simulator, in <Options> <Settings> <Display> <Scenery> Mesh Resolution, set to 5 m (meters).

If everything is done as described ... then, so you can continue or not to research the issue.

Cheers,

I see in your sig the old AU sceneries (blue, red etc.). Have you AU SP 4 installed and with the triple installer of course ?

Dominique, thanks for the input. I indeed have AU SP4 installed with the tripple installer. Should update that in my signature. ;)

Voyager,

Thanks for the help as well.

I don't have Open LC Europe, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Setting mesh resolution to 5m didn't change a thing. I had it set at 2m before...

So I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks anyway!

Could it be a GPU/driver issue?  Last time I saw anything like that (not on P3D though), it turned out to be a faulty GPU.

Unlikely. It happens with multiple driver versions... An old one, and the last 2 releases.

Also, the GPU (GTX 960) is a new one that shows no signs of problems. Works perfectly as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the suggestion though, and I'll keep it in mind.

Archived