FTX USA next?

Stewker

Yes indeed we are. We'll be doing Pacific Northwest this year, should have an alpha build pretty soon.

Lol John don't forget Europe :-)

You guys have set the new benchmark for textures / lc / lights just stunning how longer I use it only missing quality airports...

André

Lol John don't forget Europe :-) You guys have set the new benchmark for textures

They sure have! But there's allready competition on the horizon. I read on simforums.com that the FEX team is working on a ground environment as well. Today they posted a few screens, but within a few hours the post was deleted  ??? Looked very, very promising though, especially to me, since it was mentioned they were going to do Europe first.

Boy, do we have a lot to choose from these days...  ;D

Saw those FEX shots - absolutely stunning! You would expect nothing less, since they were from 12.5m source data (I introduced Peter to his data supplier, same guys as Horizon use) running at probably 50cm (or more likely 15cm) in the sim. Robin Corn released 15cm freeware the other week for an airport in NZ. Looks just as good, if not better, with swimming pools behind houses with FSX water in them. Very cool.

Point is, anyone can do 15cm for a small area (like our YMML for example), but a package at that resolution for Australia would weigh in at oh, about 50-60GB. God knows how big it would be for the whole world. Sort of defeats the purpose of synthetic landclass based solutions really. I wish them well, really I do. Competition is good - we sure need more choice in addon-starved FSX-land ;)

As to why the shots were pulled, I would guess that would have been a Flight1 decision, since they also sell GEX ;)

Point is, anyone can do 15cm for a small area (like our YMML for example), but a package at that resolution for Australia would weigh in at oh, about 50-60GB. God knows how big it would be for the whole world. Sort of defeats the purpose of synthetic landclass based solutions really. I wish them well, really I do. Competition is good - we sure need more choice in addon-starved FSX-land ;)

As to why the shots were pulled, I would guess that would have been a Flight1 decision, since they also sell GEX ;)

The thread is up again at Flightsimworld. We'll see what the future brings. First I'm very, very pleased with what I have right now. FTX is really great  8):)

Archived